GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debit card control lets you 'turn off' card to beat scams - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debit card control lets you 'turn off' card to beat scams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debit card control lets you 'turn off' card to beat scams

Debit card control lets you 'turn off' card to beat scams

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 10th May 2017 08:45
    High Street bank Barclays is allowing customers to "turn off" their debit card to online purchases or set daily ATM limits to reduce scams. It believes that cardholders would be more protected from con-artists if they could block the card from remote purchases at certain times. The bank's app now includes an option to reduce daily ATM withdrawal limits, from the typical level of £300. Such a move would reduce any losses from thefts at cash machines. Fraud losses across all payment cards, remote banking and cheques in the UK totalled £769m in 2016, according to Financial Fraud Action, the industry's anti-fraud body - an increase of 2% on the previous year.

Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X