GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cyber attack hits 26,000 Debenhams Customers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyber attack hits 26,000 Debenhams Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyber attack hits 26,000 Debenhams Customers

Cyber attack hits 26,000 Debenhams Customers

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 6th May 2017 13:27
    Payment details, names and addresses have been accessed or stolen in the attack on Debenhams Flowers, the retailer has confirmed.

A cyber attack has compromised the personal data of up to 26,000 Debenhams customers. The breach, which is understood to have been malware-based, targeted the online portal for the retailer's florist arm, Debenhams Flowers. Debenhams has stressed that the site is operated by Ecomnova, a third-party supplier, and that customers of other services have not been affected. Ecomnova also operates Debenhams' websites for hampers, personalised gifts and wines. While all four sites have been suspended, the retailer has not announced whether the others were also breached. Debenhams confirmed to Sky News that customer payment details, names and addresses were accessed or stolen during the attack. In a statement the company stressed that it was only the Ecomnova-run site that had been compromised, and that customers of its main website Debenhams.com "can be confident they are unaffected by this attack". "All affected customers have been contacted by Debenhams to inform them of the incident," the firm told Sky News.

Read more Here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X