GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays boss fights for his job over whistleblower scandal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays boss fights for his job over whistleblower scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays boss fights for his job over whistleblower scandal

Barclays boss fights for his job over whistleblower scandal

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 29th April 2017 09:47
    ..........as 5% share drop wipes £2bn off bank's market value

Almost £2billion was wiped off Barclays shares as chief executive Jes Staley fought to keep his job over a whistleblower scandal. Shares dropped more than 5 per cent as Staley desperately tried to draw a line under the crisis in which he had sought to uncover the identity of a staff member who criticised him. The share plunge came as investors became jittery over disappointing profits that overshadowed a promise to create 2,000 jobs. Staley did little to calm nerves when he refused to say if the bank had an emergency plan in place should he be ousted.

The 60-year-old American was incensed when anonymous letters criticised his hiring of senior banker Tim Main, who had suffered health problems when they worked together at JP Morgan. He ordered his security team to find out where the notes were from in a search supported by a US law enforcement agency.

Read more Here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X