GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds to pay £100m fraud compensation - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds to pay £100m fraud compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds to pay £100m fraud compensation

Lloyds to pay £100m fraud compensation

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 27th April 2017 08:10
    LLoyds has announced that it is setting aside a further £100m, to compensate customers who lost money in a fraud scandal.

Six people, two of whom had worked for Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) - owned by Lloyds - were jailed in February. The court heard they stole hundreds of millions of pounds from small businesses who were their clients. At the same time, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) announced that it is re-opening an enquiry into the fraud. Lloyds has already set aside at least £250m to cover other costs arising from the case, which was centred on the HBOS office in Reading. "As I have stated before, we would like to express our deep regret and apologies to any customers directly affected by the criminal behaviour of these individuals," said António Horta-Osório, the chief executive of Lloyds Banking Group. "We are absolutely determined that victims of the crimes committed at HBOS Reading are fairly, swiftly and appropriately compensated. We take responsibility for putting right the wrongs that were committed at HBOS Reading at the time."

FCA investigation

Some of the small businesses that lost money from the fraud collapsed as a result. The bank said it would provide such victims with immediate payments on a case-by-case basis. Those in financial difficulty will be helped with day-to-day living costs. They will also be helped with legal fees, and have their existing debts written off.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X