GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sports Direct staff supplier Transline faces administration - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports Direct staff supplier Transline faces administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Direct staff supplier Transline faces administration

Sports Direct staff supplier Transline faces administration

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 27th April 2017 08:15
    An employment agency that provides staff for Sports Direct's largest warehouse is facing administration.

Transline Group said it was suffering from "tighter margins in the recruitment industry". A spokesman said it was appointing administrators to protect its "business, employees and customers". Last year, a Commons committee raised concerns over working conditions at Sports Direct's main Shirebrook warehouse. The move gives the firm 10 days to find a solution to its financial problems. MPs criticised the agency after it gave evidence at a Commons committee inquiry in 2016, saying their testimony "lacked credibility".

'Bring security'

A Transline spokesperson said: "We are close to securing inward investment that will allow us to drive forward with continued growth and infrastructure development. "We expect to hear more regarding potential trading investments imminently." Unite assistant general secretary Steve Turner said the "current uncertainty" over Transline's future was "yet more evidence of the need for Sports Direct to wean itself off its over-reliance on temporary agency workers at its Shirebrook warehouse.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X