GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card with a fingerprint sensor revealed by Mastercard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card with a fingerprint sensor revealed by Mastercard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card with a fingerprint sensor revealed by Mastercard

Credit card with a fingerprint sensor revealed by Mastercard

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 21st April 2017 17:41
    A payment card featuring a fingerprint sensor has been unveiled by credit card provider Mastercard.
    The rollout follows two successful trials in South Africa. The technology works in the same way as it does with mobile phone payments: users must have their finger over the sensor when making a purchase. Security experts have said that while using fingerprints is not foolproof, it is a "sensible" use of biometric technology.
    'Nine changes'

Mastercard's chief of safety and security, Ajay Bhalla, said that the fingerprint technology would help "to deliver additional convenience and security. It is not something that can be taken or replicated."...Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X