GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Theresa May under pressure to back state pension 'triple lock' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theresa May under pressure to back state pension 'triple lock'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theresa May under pressure to back state pension 'triple lock'

Theresa May under pressure to back state pension 'triple lock'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 21st April 2017 17:52
    after dodging question on future of valuable guarantee

• Annual state pension rises are decided by whatever is highest of price inflation, average earnings growth or 2.5%
    • Labour has pledged to maintain the commitment until 2025
    • 'Just look what the Conservatives in government have done. Pensioners today are £1,250 better off,' May says on constituency visit to Maidenhead
    • 'Tories are abandoning older people,' says Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell

Prime Minister Theresa May is under pressure to commit the Tories to the valuable state pension 'triple lock' guarantee if they win the election, after she dodged a question about it on the campaign trail. Asked about the issue during a factory visit in her Maidenhead constituency, Mrs May replied: 'What I would say to pensioners is, just look what the Conservatives in government have done. 'Pensioners today are £1,250 better off as a result of action that has been taken. We were very clear about the need to support people in their old age, and that's exactly what we've done.' The triple lock means annual rises in the state pension are decided by whatever is the highest of price inflation, average earnings growth or 2.5 per cent. In the past few years, the state pension has routinely risen by 2.5 per cent because salary increases have remained weak and the inflation rate low....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X