GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ofcom plans instant payback for broadband woes - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ofcom plans instant payback for broadband woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ofcom plans instant payback for broadband woes

Ofcom plans instant payback for broadband woes

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 26th March 2017 07:53
    Landline and broadband customers who suffer poor service could get money back automatically under plans set out by the telecoms regulator, Ofcom.

Under the proposals, they would no longer have to "fight tooth and nail" to get "fair compensation", Ofcom said. The plan, which is now subject to consultation, could benefit up to 2.6 million customers, the regulator added. The payments would apply whenever services go wrong and are not fixed quickly enough. Slow repairs, missed deadlines and engineers' visits that fail to happen as promised would all be covered. Ofcom said up to £185m could be paid out as a result.

Cash or credit

"Customers would be entitled to automatic compensation, without having to go through a potentially lengthy and difficult claims process," the regulator said. They would receive either a cash payment or a credit on their bill, with the level of payments set by Ofcom....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X