GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script State pension age could be raised to 70, says report - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State pension age could be raised to 70, says report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State pension age could be raised to 70, says report

State pension age could be raised to 70, says report

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 23rd March 2017 16:22
    Two separate reports for the government have raised the possibility that millions of people may have to work longer to qualify for a state pension.

An analysis for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has suggested that workers under the age of 30 may not get a pension until the age of 70. A second report, by John Cridland, proposes that those under the age of 45 may have to work a year longer, to 68. The government is due to make a decision on both reports by May. Ministers are under pressure to address the expected rise in the cost of pensions, which stems from longer life expectancy and the increasing ratio of pensioners to workers. But at least six million people face the prospect of having to work longer.

Reality Check: Is lack of cash making women work past 70?

"This report is going to be particularly unwelcome for anyone in their early 40s, as they're now likely to see their state pension age pushed back another year," said Tom McPhail, head of retirement at Hargreaves Lansdown. "For those in their 30s and younger, it reinforces the expectation of a state pension from age 70, which means an extra two years of work.".....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X