GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Scottish Power firm sends bailiffs to wrong house over £4k debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scottish Power firm sends bailiffs to wrong house over £4k debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Power firm sends bailiffs to wrong house over £4k debt

Scottish Power firm sends bailiffs to wrong house over £4k debt

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 22nd March 2017 20:22
    A couple have labelled an energy company "cruel" after it sent bailiffs to their home for unpaid £4,300 bills that were not meant for them.

Les and Jane Gornall, of Aberystwyth were sent letters from Scottish Power, despite telling the firm they were British Gas customers. They said it caused distress at a time when Mrs Gornall was diagnosed with cancer and their grandson with leukaemia. The firm apologised for the mix-up. Scottish Power also said it would compensate the couple for the stress caused. The ordeal began in 2014 when Mr and Mrs Gornall decided to shop around for a better energy deal after being with British Gas for 10 years.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X