GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit broker Digitonomy Ltd fined £120,000 by the ICO of marketing texts SPAM - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit broker Digitonomy Ltd fined £120,000 by the ICO of marketing texts SPAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit broker Digitonomy Ltd fined £120,000 by the ICO of marketing texts SPAM

Credit broker Digitonomy Ltd fined £120,000 by the ICO of marketing texts SPAM

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 21st March 2017 17:13
    Credit broker Digitonomy Ltd has been fined £120,000 by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for being responsible for millions of marketing texts sent without proper consent. Between April 2015 and February 2016 there were 1,464 complaints about the spam messages which encouraged people to apply for loans and directed them to company websites. An ICO investigation revealed the Chester-based business used affiliate marketing companies to send out over five million messages offering cash loans as part of a marketing campaign. Digitonomy provided examples of the consent wording from the affiliate companies including:

“You consent to us and our trusted partners contacting you by SMS, mail, email, telephone and automated message.” The law says this type of consent is not enough for sending marketing text messages and that companies must have people’s specific permission. Digitonomy couldn’t prove it had proper consent, which is a breach of the law used to control electronic marketing.....Source ICO

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X