GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SSE to raise electricity prices next month - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSE to raise electricity prices next month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSE to raise electricity prices next month

SSE to raise electricity prices next month

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 16th March 2017 10:45
    SSE has become the latest "big six" energy supplier to raise its prices.

It said average electricity prices would rise by 14.9% from 28 April for 2.8 million customers. However, it will keep its gas prices unchanged. As a result, SSE said a typical dual fuel customer would see their annual bill rise by 6.9%, or £73. It blamed the increase on government policies that mean customers subsidise energy from renewable sources and the cost of smart meter installation. Other government-imposed costs include subsidising the feed-in tariff scheme for home owners that install solar panels on their roofs.

'Deep regret'

SSE said the electricity price rise was its first for three and half years. Four of the other big six suppliers have already announced price rises this year, while British Gas has held prices until August....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X