GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Npower announces inflation-busting price hikes of 10% - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Npower announces inflation-busting price hikes of 10%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npower announces inflation-busting price hikes of 10%

Npower announces inflation-busting price hikes of 10%

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 4th February 2017 17:39
    for 1.4m customers: Typical energy bill set to soar by £109

• Around 1.4m customers will see their energy bills go up from March 16th
    • The provider blames rising wholesale and Government policy costs
    • Electricity will rise by 15% while gas is going up by 4.8%
    • Ofgem says Npower needs to justify the hike to its customers

Npower is hiking the price of gas and electricity by an overall 9.8 per cent, it confirmed today, which will add around £109 annually on to a typical dual fuel bill. Electricity prices will go up by 15 per cent while gas will rise by 4.8 per cent. The increase will come into effect on 16 March and anyone with a standard variable tariff from the provider will see their energy bills rise. The announcement could be the trigger for its rivals - dubbed the 'Big Six' - to also hike prices for hard-pressed households. Around 1.4million Npower customers will see higher prices on their energy bills from 16 March. The rest of its customers, which are on fixed-rate tariffs, will not see the price change. Npower last hiked prices three years ago. It says since then there have been increases in wholesale energy costs plus a rise to the amount energy firms pay to Government energy policies, such as smart metering, renewables obligation and the capacity market......Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X