GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mastercard's £700m takeover of rival could hit millions of consumers in the pocket - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mastercard's £700m takeover of rival could hit millions of consumers in the pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercard's £700m takeover of rival could hit millions of consumers in the pocket

Mastercard's £700m takeover of rival could hit millions of consumers in the pocket

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 5th January 2017 14:09
    Millions of consumers could be hit in the pocket by Mastercard's £700million takeover of rival VocaLink, competition chiefs have warned. The deal would give Mastercard a dominant position in the payments market – potentially hurting anyone who withdraws money from an ATM. Bosses at the Competition and Markets Authority have raised particular concerns about the Link network, which connects cash machines to banks.Link is owned by the banks themselves but Mastercard and VocaLink are two of its three top suppliers. It means their tie-up would slash the number of serious bidders for contracts and could hit the network's ability to get value for money. The CMA has given the firms until January 11 to come up with a solution and will launch an in-depth probe if one cannot be found.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X