GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EDF to cut gas bills but raise electricity prices - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDF to cut gas bills but raise electricity prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDF to cut gas bills but raise electricity prices

EDF to cut gas bills but raise electricity prices

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 20th December 2016 14:56
    EDF Energy plans to cut gas prices from January but will increase the cost of electricity in March.

It will reduce variable gas prices by 5.2% on 6 January, then will raise electricity bills by 8.4% on 1 March. After both changes, EDF's dual fuel customers will pay 1.2% more a year, taking average energy costs to £1,082. The company last raised electricity prices three years ago but said that electricity costs have "been rising for some time". About one million of EDF's customers will lose out when the company introduces the electricity rise in March. However, 700,000 consumers will gain from the gas price cuts in January. EDF also said 200,000 people who use pre-payment gas meters will also see a 12.9% price cut, three months before the energy regulator introduces a price cap in April next year. The company is the first of the UK's "big six" energy suppliers to announce price increases for next year. SSE, British Gas and E.On said recently that they would freeze prices for customers on standard tariffs until next year. EDF said "it is right" that energy bills should reflect changes in electricity costs.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X