GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Scape79's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scape79's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scape79's UE Diary

Thanks In2Deep, appreciate the feedback.
    Will let you all know how it goes for future reference...

Comment

Originally posted by Scape79 View Post
      Hey guys, thanks so much for the advice to date and sent the statute barred feedback . Since then I have received 2 letters from Cap. I hope you can have a look and let me know the legalities of my situation and whether i should take further action.

1st letter - was brief and stated that they will get in touch with the client and be in touch.

2nd - received last week - makes no reference to all previous communication, and continues along the lines of "your case maybe processed and passed to our solicitors on or around xx Feb" I also have a name of a "case handling supervisor" who is now there "handle my account through litigation, but also to assist and inform me on any query".

So moral of the story is that they have been unable to provide any of the information that I have requested, and are just continuing to threaten legal action. I guess I shouldnt necessarily be worried until i see evidence that this is nothing more than an idle threat.... however should I take further action or should i ignore them for now!?

Any advice is much appreciated; i need to know where i stand with these guys.
      From Marcus Butterworth I presume? Another one full of shite.....he wrote to me and a few days later they dropped everything.
      Ignore .

Comment

Originally posted by pepe2008 View Post
        From Marcus Butterworth I presume? Another one full of shite.....he wrote to me and a few days later they dropped everything.
        Ignore .
        It was indeed from Marcus Butterworth

I did ignore and they have since sent me a letter confirming that the account is on hold at the request of the client.

Since then, I have received another letter directly from SLC (9th Mar), again looking to reclaim the full amount without any reference to previous communication with CAP.

However more "interestingly" they state on this letter that they received the sum of £1 from me Jan 26th 2012. This is complete nonsense and clearly they have used the money i sent with the request for a CCA - and are now suggesting this was a payment.

Do i need to go through the same process again, or do i need to reply stating that the £1 was for the CCA which they failed to produce, or do i need to simply reply with the Statute Barred notice again?

Would be nice to put this to bed once and for all, but clearly they are not giving up without a fight. The worry here is if i do nothing (i.e. regarding the £1 payment) then they can take me to court? Again, any expert advice is much appreciated .

Comment

One further point of interest actually, is that the letter from SLC does not threaten court action, but simply states "for so long as you remain behind with your payments, you will be sent notices on our behalf at least every 6mths".

So actually, is ignoring an option?

Comment

You need to reply stating that the £1 was for the CCA request....... which they failed to produce.............
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
              You need to reply stating that the £1 was for the CCA request....... which they failed to produce.............
              Thanks in2deep. I thought as much. I have until the 23rd to confirm so Ill be sending the letter tonight!

Comment

Working...
              X