GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepie
    replied
    Re: DNW's UE Diary

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
    UPDATE

10/02/12 Received - Westcot - They are now dealing with this account and would be glad to hear from us as to when we are going to pay.

CleverClogs posted on another thread that overdrafts should have an agreement available - I've never sent Natwest anything other than a couple of letters telling them we're in financial difficulty and that we'll pay them more than token payments as and when we can afford them. I stopped any payments for a few months to hurry along the default notice, but the SB clock will have re-started now as I reinstated token payments at the end of Jan 12 believing all overdrafts are enforceable.

Should I have sent a CCA type request to them in the beginning? And/or, is there anything I should be doing now? Should I continue token payments or stop them again?
    I Found this ..> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...8&postcount=44

Added by Niddy
    But it is not suitable for you however it does explain overdrafts and what the bank do need to send to you.
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 13 February 2012, 08:32. Reason: added part

Leave a comment:

• swanfan
    replied

Should I have sent a CCA type request to them in the beginning? And/or, is there anything I should be doing now? Should I continue token payments or stop them again?
    Now it's with a dca you could try an f&f offer but that would depend on what you can afford?

Leave a comment:

• DNW
    replied

Natwest Overdraft

Code:
    Name                     - Natwest
    Type of account          - Overdraft
    Date commenced           - Oct 2000
    Approx balance           - £2,181
    Date last paid           - Mar-11    
    Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
    Status                   - In Arrears 
    Account owner            - Lender

Key:
    Them
    Me
    Other

Activity
    1. 31/05/11 Letter refusing to accept I&E form
    2. 04/07/11 Letter reminding over OD limit and chages now £6 per day
    3. 12/07/11 Letter asking for contact to discuss
    4. 12/07/11 Phone call - Natwest won't default until balance reaches -£2250. I&E completed verbally
    5. 04/07/11 Overlimit OD - £6 per day charges
    6. 02/08/11 Letter asking for I&E
    7. 04/08/11 Unarranged OD fee warning
    8. 05/08/11 Breakdown of OD fees
    9. 30/08/11 Ceased token payment (to hurry along the default)
    10. 12/09/11 Letter from Natwest - please contact us (ignored)
    11. 29/09/11 Letter from Natwest - please contact us (ignored)
    12. 11/10/11 Letter from Power 2 Contact - please contact us (ignored)
    13. 19/10/11 Doorstep visit from Power 2 Contact (answered and contact card left for OH)
    14. 19/10/11 Letter sent to Natwest - No visits and please consider stopping/refunding charges
    15. 04/11/11 Letter from Natwest - they're sorry I had to complain, they're looking into it
    16. 14/11/11 Letter from Natwest - they're still investigating complaint
    17. 16/12/11 Letter from Natwest - Notice of intention to file a default, and DN received
    18. 19/12/11 Letter from Natwest - Notice of default sums (they charged £30 to issue a DN!)
    19. 05/01/12 Letter from Natwest - It's not to late to contact us to sort this out
    20. 18/01/12 Letter from Natwest - Terminating overdraft agreement and demand the account is paid in full. However they also offer the option to agree a mutually acceptable repayment plan.
    21. 31/01/12 Sent to Natwest - letter requesting refund of charges and resumed token payments

UPDATE

10/02/12 Received - Westcot - They are now dealing with this account and would be glad to hear from us as to when we are going to pay.

CleverClogs posted on another thread that overdrafts should have an agreement available - I've never sent Natwest anything other than a couple of letters telling them we're in financial difficulty and that we'll pay them more than token payments as and when we can afford them. I stopped any payments for a few months to hurry along the default notice, but the SB clock will have re-started now as I reinstated token payments at the end of Jan 12 believing all overdrafts are enforceable.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

UPDATE

08/02/12 Received (dated 03/02/12) - Metropolitan - Apologise re number of phone calls, it's not our fault - the auto dialler kept ringing back as there was no reply... If this doesn't resolve matters then it can be referred to Financial Ombudsman service.

I'm guessing this needs no response so update for info only.
    you guessed right........

Leave a comment:

• DNW
    replied

HSBC

Code:
    Name                     - HSBC
    Type of account          - Credit Card
    Date commenced           - Sept 1994
    Approx balance           - £7,453
    Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)

Key:
    Them
    Me
    Other

Activity
    1. 05/04/11 DD Cancelled letter
    2. 13/04/11 Confirm receipt of I&E but will not act as unsigned
    3. 24/06/11 Letter warning soon to be defaulted
    4. 09/07/11 Letter warning soon to be defaulted
    5. 24/07/11 My letter - request interest freeze
    6. 26/07/11 Default notice
    7. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
    8. 03/09/11 Final demand for payment received (ignored)
    9. 12/09/11 Letter received - we might send bailiffs or get CCJ (ignored)
    10. 23/09/11 Letter received - would you like to make a F&F settlement? (ignored)
    11. 27/09/11 Letter received - we would offer a 35% discount for F&F if you'd like to take us up on the offer? (ignored)
    12. 05/11/11 Letter received from Metropolitan Collection Services - failure to make full payment within 7 days may result in legal proceedings
    13. 07/11/11 Letter sent - Account Sold whilst In Dispute
    14. 18/11/11 Received from Metropolitan - copy of CCA (uploaded to secure section 14/12)
    15. 14/12/11 Niddy says
    16. 17/12/11 Received - Metropolitan - Please contact us... failure to contact will result in further action (ignored)
    17. 04/01/12 Received - Metropolitan - Intend to issue legal proceedings.
    18. 10/01/12 Sent - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
    19. 21/01/12 Regular 3 telephone calls (unanswered) per day now being received.
    20. 23/01/12 Sending in response to the calls: Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment by Telephone
    21. 27/01/12 Received - Metropolitan - (dated 20/01/12) "CCA we sent you was correct and compliant and we don't agree with your dispute. We enclose a further copy.
      ... they mention McGuffick v RBS [2009] and Carey v HSBC...
      If you continue to contest the credit agreement, you will be aware the burden lies with the borrower to demonstrate to the court that the bank has failed under its obligations. Any proceedings against the bank will be defended vigorously. Accordingly we see no merit in your continued insistence that the documents provided are in breach of the CCA or any of the underlying regulations.
    22. 27/01/12 Received - Metropolitan - (dated 24/01/12) - Final Demand.. you have failed to make payment and we therfore have no alternative but to take further action against you... This may involve: DCA calling on me; legal proceedings which may result in - CCJ, Bailiffs, Attatchment of Earnings. If legal action is taken, costs of £343 is to be added to my balance.
      If I wish to avoid this, I must pay within 24 hours...
      (ignored)

UPDATE

08/02/12 Received (dated 03/02/12) - Metropolitan - Apologise re number of phone calls, it's not our fault - the auto dialler kept ringing back as there was no reply... If this doesn't resolve matters then it can be referred to Financial Ombudsman service.

I'm guessing this needs no response so update for info only.

Leave a comment:

• DNW
    replied

Thanks In2

It would be interesting to know how much it was sold for as the OC reduced to £247 very early on, yet rejected my counter offer of £150. If they sold for 10% they should kick themselves

But similarly, if I end up paying more than £247, I shall be the one kicking myself...
    Last edited by DNW; 8 February 2012, 17:27.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

UPDATE

08/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "Welcome to Cabot... we have bought this account.. blah blah.. if we don't hear from you within 14 days we'll pass to a collection agency"

I'm thinking sending Account Sold whilst in Dispute would be appropriate as the OC never supplied me with a CCA?
    I Would......

Leave a comment:

• DNW
    replied

Hitachi Capital
    Code:
    Name                     - Hitachi Capital
    Type of account          - Loan
    Date commenced           - May 10
    Approx balance           - £825
    Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)

Key:
    Them
    Me
    Other

Activity
    1. 13/04/11 DD cancelled letter
    2. 14/04/11 Refuse £1 and will default than pass to Recovery
    3. 09/06/11 Arrears Notice
    4. 12/07/11 Default notice and now passed to Recovery
    5. 12/07/11 Discount offer rec'd - 30% of £825.91 (£247) within 14 days
    6. 24/07/11 My letter - counter offer £150
    7. 27/07/11 Letter rec'd - £150 refused
    8. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
    9. 27/08/11 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
    10. 14/09/11 Returned my original letter to them and sent CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
    11. 19/09/11 Letter rec'd from Hitachi still refusing my CCA request until I sign my letter
    12. 11/10/11 Letter sent - Unenforceability Templates - Section 3
    13. 22/10/11 Letter rec'd - They will still not send CCA without a signed request and will enter into no further correspondance until signature is received
    14. 07/11/11 Letter sent - I will report you to ICO for breaching my CCA request, you do NOT need my signature Demand for Sig - Niddy's letter
    15. 08/12/11 Letter rec'd - Arrears Notice includes statement showing cashing of PO against my CCA request, however CCA still not yet received (ignored)

UPDATE

08/02/12 Letter rec'd - Cabot - "Welcome to Cabot... we have bought this account.. blah blah.. if we don't hear from you within 14 days we'll pass to a collection agency"

I'm thinking sending Account Sold whilst in Dispute would be appropriate as the OC never supplied me with a CCA?
    Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 8 February 2012, 17:11. Reason: fixing links

Leave a comment:

• pepe2008
    replied

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    vere, capita eorum in asinorum sunt
    Right up to their collar bones I should think !

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    These guys seem to be under the impression that you are using a Rankine-style Claims Management Company to bring proceedings against them as a Claimant!

Goes to show how *well* they understand all the Statute Law and Case Law being thrown at them!
    vere, capita eorum in asinorum sunt
    Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 1 February 2012, 01:26.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Thanks CC, but would that still apply given that this is an overdraft not loan or credit card?
    I believe it would, as the last clause in that section states:

(8) This section does not apply in relation to a non-commercial agreement or to a small agreement.
    Neither description seems appropriate, does it?

Leave a comment:

• DNW
    replied

Let's hope so! Although it makes no difference either way I guess really.

I wish some of my enforceables would hurry up and sell... they've all been very conspicuous by their lack of contact recently

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

bet they sell it on!

Leave a comment:

• DNW
    replied

Thanks In2, ignore I shall

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Udates: 2 for the price of one today..

27/01/12 Received - Metropolitan - (dated 20/01/12) "CCA we sent you was correct and compliant and we don't agree with your dispute. We enclose a further copy.
    ... they mention McGuffick v RBS [2009] and Carey v HSBC...
    If you continue to contest the credit agreement, you will be aware the burden lies with the borrower to demonstrate to the court that the bank has failed under its obligations. Any proceedings against the bank will be defended vigorously. Accordingly we see no merit in your continued insistence that the documents provided are in breach of the CCA or any of the underlying regulations.

27/01/12 - Received - Metropolitan - (dated 24/01/12) - Final Demand.. you have failed to make payment and we therfore have no alternative but to take further action against you... This may involve: DCA calling on me; legal proceedings which may result in - CCJ, Bailiffs, Attatchment of Earnings. If legal action is taken, costs of £343 is to be added to my balance.
    If I wish to avoid this, I must pay within 24 hours...

What should I respond with this time please?
    I Would ignore see what they do next............I have had letters like that before just a lot of MAY's

Leave a comment:

Working...
X