GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cardcutters UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardcutters UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cardcutters UE Diary

Hi Nid,

Apologies for not thanking you sooner. Their reminder has been banished to the dark recesses of a bulging lever arch where it can languish with its mates....

Comment

y
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Happy New year all..

I have had a letter today from 'HL Legal Solicitors' asking me for information 'that assists them in validating and updating databases that hold contact information about individuals prior to mailing communications.

Anybody with any idea who they are? I have a sneaky suspicision they are in bed with Capquest.

Comment

Hiya Cardcutter

HL Legal & Collections see here--> viewtopic.php?p=39626#p39626

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the info. These are those.... They also go under the name 'Telogram'

On the face of it this company is trawling for further information.

This company ended their letter with 'If no response is recieved by 3r Nov our client will make further enquires which may include contacting local sources and/or a visit to the the above address for verification purposes'

What I am findin a little disturbing here is that this letter was sent to a flat that I own and not the address quoted on the disputed account which was originally with Crapital One.

Interestingly, I had a letter from capquest this morning with exactly the same referance as that from HL.

Cap quest are the latest dogs fo have been loosed by Crapital One and these are the third dca to date. I have sent of the 'A/C in dispute' and 'Doorstep visit' template letter. Hopefully this should stop them in their tracks...

Comment

Hiya

Ok, so it appears that they (the lender) are looking for assets that you may have; and they have noticed a mortgage on a property and therefore prior to commencing legal action, they do these checks! Is the property in your name or joint etc...?

They may well attempt legal action (i.e ccj/charging order) so be careful here......
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Thanks for that. The property is in joint name. Can they do anything if that is the case?

Comment

Hiya

well yes they can still obtain a charging order, however its a grey area cos apparently there are a lot of firms promising to be able to defeat charging orders especially based on a joint mortgage vs sole debt..

However, not saying I promote or advocate such firms, but you should wait and see what they are planning. Worse case scenario, back down prior to any action and offer payments...

Comment

Hmmmm. That is not happy news. Can this still happen even though the agreement is unenforceable?

Comment

Yes unfortunately they can after the Carey case..... sorry, its all explained when you first start the process (ie lenders should not be able to take you to court, but lately a lot are going that way)....

I blame the judges, and their lack of balls to fight Waksman (he adjudged the Carey case and made the law up as he went along)....

Comment

Working...
                      X