GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script WannabDebtFree UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WannabDebtFree UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WannabDebtFree UE Diary

Thank you IF!

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have some updates for you!

Capital One - Lowell

Letter 12 March 2012 from Red saying they are giving my account to Hamptons as they have not received an offer of repayment.

3 April - letter from Hamptons saying they are deciding apply for a CCJ and if I withhold payment after that they request a bailiff.

Comment

O2 - Lowell

12 March 2012 - letter from Red saying my account has been passed to them.

26 March - letter from Red saying to contact in 7 days or risk legal action and may instruct Hamptons.

An SAR was sent off and they have sent the cheque back saying I do not own the account. Someone else filled in the form and sent it off for me. It seems there may have been an error with the last digit. This one is really annoying. Going to send off again!

Comment

Natwest CC - Arrow Global

29 March - Letter from Arrow "In response to a request for documents under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we enclose: A copy of the Originator's statement.

We confirm

a. The account is in default
          b. The total sum outstanding is £845.23; and
          c. The amounts which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending on what enforcement action is taken against you.

We still await a copy of the agreement and terms and conditions from the originating creditor. As soon as the same are received, we shall provide copies to you.

In the meantime, collections activity will remain on hold pending the provision of the above."

Comment

Not has any more correspondence from Mucky Hall re Sky but keep getting phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by WannabDebtFree View Post
              Hi Guys,

I have some updates for you!

Capital One - Lowell

Letter 12 March 2012 from Red saying they are giving my account to Hamptons as they have not received an offer of repayment.

3 April - letter from Hamptons saying they are deciding apply for a CCJ and if I withhold payment after that they request a bailiff.
              I Would send this------> Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
              O2 - Lowell

12 March 2012 - letter from Red saying my account has been passed to them.

26 March - letter from Red saying to contact in 7 days or risk legal action and may instruct Hamptons.

An SAR was sent off and they have sent the cheque back saying I do not own the account. Someone else filled in the form and sent it off for me. It seems there may have been an error with the last digit. This one is really annoying. Going to send off again!

Natwest CC - Arrow Global

29 March - Letter from Arrow "In response to a request for documents under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we enclose: A copy of the Originator's statement.

We confirm

a. The account is in default
              b. The total sum outstanding is £845.23; and
              c. The amounts which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending on what enforcement action is taken against you.

We still await a copy of the agreement and terms and conditions from the originating creditor. As soon as the same are received, we shall provide copies to you.

In the meantime, collections activity will remain on hold pending the provision of the above."
              just ignore this
              Not has any more correspondence from Mucky Hall re Sky but keep getting phone calls.
              ignore
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for your responses In 2 Deep. I will sent the letter you suggest to Hamptons!

Comment

Hi All

It all went quiet for a while and then on 5 October I received a letter from Lowells re the Capital One account.

"We refer to previous correspondence received with regards to this account.

We apologise for the delay in responding to the query that you raised with us. We have been making every effort to contact the original client to resolve the matter on your behalf.

After reviewing the account and in light of the timescales it has taken to achieve a satisfactory response, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of goodwill and strictly without an admission of liability are prepared to close the account.

We confirm that on further action will be taken by us with regard to this account.

Please be advised that we have contacted all credit reference agencies to remove any defaults relating to this account.

We hope that the above meets with your approval ..."

Victory! Thank you Niddy and crew for all your help on this. Great result and I was surprised that they are removing the default also!

Comment

Regarding the Sky account. I got calls and a couple of letters from Mucky Hall as stated above. I phoned them to inform them the person is no longer at this address. I didnt hear anything from them again.

Then recently I have had Capquest phoning me. This is for the same debt as the default is registered by Capquest and the letters from Mucky Hall had Capquest in the reference.

I have not answered the calls and I have not received any letters from them. I will wait and see if they send any correspondence.

The last payment on this was end of January 2007 so will soon be statute barred and drops off credit file in March.

Comment

Re O2 debt with Lowells - I never heard back from O2 with my SAR request and last I looked the cheque was not cashed.

I have not had anymore correspondence from Lowells on this.

Comment

Well done.............result
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Arrow - Natwest

No further correspondence.

Again, thank you all for your help. Things are really looking a lot brighter than they were this time last year! I am also feeling more confident in dealing with the battle!

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have just checked my credit report today and have seen a default registered on my report by Barclays (Woolwich) which has a default date of 19/05/2009 and a start date of 01/04/13 it has just appeared on my report in April 2013.

It shows a default amount of £176. It says the account was opened 9 July 2007 which is totally incorrect as my current account with Woolwich was opened way before then (in or before 2002) and no money has been paid into this account since from way before 2007. The last money paid into this account would have been 12 years ago. I never received any default notice or any other correspondence in connection to this account.

I believe this is from an overdraft (£100) on the account and the account was not closed. Just when I was getting things sorted and should have no defaults left, this appears. I phoned them and they gave me the correct address to write to. Any help on how to go about this?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, sorry your post was missed..........just checking if everything is OK now?

Best wishes
                              IF
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X