GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg selling to Barclays - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg selling to Barclays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg selling to Barclays

Thought that maybe the case although was not 100% sure, I still think it is unfair though as is upping the interest rate after a take over.

But as you say is legal so although considered unfair by the layman feck all could be done as probably too weak in a court.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Thought that maybe the case although was not 100% sure, I still think it is unfair though as is upping the interest rate after a take over.

But as you say is legal so although considered unfair by the layman feck all could be done as probably too weak in a court.
      Yes it is unfair as technically, a good product that you wanted is now a shite product that nobody wants! Same as my argument with Opus over the way they handles the takeover with Citi....

Point is, you are always in control as you just refuse the change and go onto repayment, however the bummer element is the fact that you have to then drop a product that you previously wanted.....

Its shocking, agreed - but lawfully, there aint much we can do if points 1&2 are met above
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

In time this MAY work to our advantage - all the credit card of mine who have not come up with a CCA are ones that have been sold on (at least once) the original lenders seem to sell the account on mass (as computer files) and after a while bin all the old paperwork - so in time, when you put in a CCA request - they won’t have one to send you

Comment

That is true of MBNA, if my memory serves me right they binned a shite load around 2007 and that is why they are having problems now reconstructing agreements and the correct T&C's to go with them.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            That is true of MBNA, if my memory serves me right they binned a shite load around 2007 and that is why they are having problems now reconstructing agreements and the correct T&C's to go with them.
            Well didn't they authorise Iron Mountain to destroy their archive or summat bonkers like that.....?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yup, this is them:

http://www.ironmountain.co.uk/index.asp

Was not the best of moves as it is now costing them

Comment

Working...
              X