GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debtguy's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debtguy's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

There can also be an upside to them having an incorrect address for you.

I have to agree. When my ex died, I asked the creditors to provide proof of the debts. One firm, of the oldest debts sent a recon with the most recent address. I knew for a fact the account had been opened at the home we shared- in fact I still have the TV and laptop that were bought with it

Comment

There can also be an upside to them having an incorrect address for you.

If they decide to reconstitute a credit agreement but don't have enough accurate information from the original creditor, then they may put that incorrect address on the document.

"Were you living at that address on that date?" is one of the first things I ask someone when they send me credit agreements produced by a debt purchaser.

The answer is frequent "no" so the recon is not honest and inaccurate which won't do them any favours in court.

Di
      Brilliant - and as there are various addresses since 2015 that should keep them on their toes!

Comment

Originally posted by debtguy View Post
        . . . And wouldn't they then share it with all the other debt agencies, and unleash a torrent of claims from other debt agencies against me? Although maybe this is inevitable in the end, because presumably all the others will 'have a go' as the SB date approaches?

If you give a new address to the debt purchaser then expect it to be linked on your credit file which in turn could attract attention from other creditors and/or debt purchasers when it's flagged up by shared software.

Your concern that the result could be a torrent of court claims as you are so close to Statute Barred status on all your debts is a real one.

If you still have several Defaults registered on your CRA file the alerted debt purchasers may decide to issue a claim to get ahead of the queue in the hope of getting a CCJ followed by a Charging Order or Restriction (if it's over £1k) on your asset in the UK which is the one thing you're most concerned about.

Let me know when the claim is served and we'll take it from there.

Di

Comment

You're welcome.

I've received your emails and I'm now busy drawing a map of who lives where and when and in what country - this may take me a while . . . .

Thank you for updating me (by email) on the various address details - you seem to have all letterboxes covered.

From memory (I need to treble check) claim forms sent by MCOL (NCCBC) have "Do Not Redirect" on the envelope so a Royal Mail redirection won't work.

However, as you've said on your thread, you have all bases covered - your estate agent is on red alert to monitor 'that' letterbox and forward the claim/envelope to someone who will forward it to you 'electronically'.

Keep me posted (pardon the pun )

Di

Comment

Very odd - still nothing has arrived at the address (the estate agent checked yesterday), but I have heard that the case is now live. I suppose it could have got lost in the post, but that doesn't happen a lot. Is it possible that they didn't bother to notify me but just filed the court papers anyway? Trouble is, it is hard to prove a negative!
            Last edited by debtguy; 4 February 2021, 22:04.

Comment

Just a quick and rather belated note (I am dead busy at the moment and I keep working late into the night and forgetting to post!) that I am now in Di's and the team at Joanna's capable hands, and what a wonderful bunch of people they are! It is really nice to know that the people handling my case are not only supremely competent, but also the nicest and most helpful bunch of people you could possibly hope to meet. I know it wouldn't really matter if they were a bunch of miserable scrotes, as long as they got the job done properly () - but it's much nicer dealing with people you really like! More news (hopefully positive!) when there is any...

Comment

Originally posted by debtguy View Post
                I am now in Di's and the team at Joanna's capable hands, and what a wonderful bunch of people they are! It is really nice to know that the people handling my case are not only supremely competent, but also the nicest and most helpful bunch of people you could possibly hope to meet.

Thank you for the compliment.

I don't think the 'opposition' always see us as a wonderful bunch of nice people, especially when they lose their case or swiftly discontinue their claim without even putting it to the test

Di

Comment

Working...
                X