GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HappyNoMoney's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HappyNoMoney's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HappyNoMoney's UE Diary

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...2&postcount=27

I have received the same letter and this is what I shall be sending back to them.

Comment

Hi you are on your way and you need to have thick skin to do this. I currently am in dispute with lloyds and at one point I had 5 yes 5 DCA's all try to collect the debt for me.

I just tear up their letters ignore the phone calls and tell them when they ask me can you answer these questions for data protection i say "nope"

Elsie is right with that template I would send that off but to be honest expect it to be sent to another and another DCA, I just rip the letters up or post them back.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyNoMoney View Post
        20 FEB 2011 RECEIVED a letter from moorcroft (undated, unsigned) stating "our client is currently unable to provide a copy of the agreement relating to this account …… our client's position … remains that the balance of your account remains due …… account on hold for 14 days and request you make contact etc" Also cites McGuffick v RBOS.

12 MAR 2011 RECEIVED a signed and dated letter from Midas Legal Services (moorcrofts legal arm) : "LITIGATION WARNING" stating I "must contact Moorcroft at the following address …… Failure to contact Moorcroft by 15/04/11 may result in the issue(sic) of legal procedings without further notice."

(no reply from BLS)
        This will be enforceable as bank accounts are CCA 1974 exempt, it'd be best to call their bluff right now and ignore them all - see what happens, If they do commence legal action then you would admit the claim and make an offer to repay.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lloyds TSB Loan Account
          Opened - 2002/3? Not Later than 2005
          Balance - 9754.86
          Last full payment on agreement - Late 2010
          Current Status - in default
          Debt with - Apex Credit Management

04 FEB 2011 - sent the same letter.

07 FEB 2011 - received reply stating "we can confirm that we have referred this account to Lloyds TSB Bank for clarification … confirm we have placed your account on hold and you will not receive any further contact from us until we have received the requested documents to forward to yourself(sic). As soon as we have a response from Lloyds TSB we will be in contact again"

22 MAR 2011 RECEIVED letter from Apex (signed Mr Mound). "...has requested we contact you to arrange payment of the full outstanding balance.

If you are unable to pay in full... call us. Our staff are fully trained etc. To prevent this matter escalating unecessarily please contact our office etc."

As you're awaiting a CCA you can ignore this, keep us updated as and when you get anything further through the post.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lloyds TSB Credit Card
            Account Opened - no Idea, but deffo pre 2007, 2001 more like.
            Balance - 1580.43
            Last payment - Unknown, late 2010
            Current Status - in Default
            Debt With - Iqor Recovery Services.

04 FEB 2011 SENT the same letter as above

As of today (13.04.11) no reply.
            Just sit tight and let us know when you receive anything......

Comment

I phoned Moorcroft in high dudgeon this morning and asked them to respond to the offer of a token payment for 6 months that I made in my original letter properly & in writing. None of their correspondence has mentioned it.
              Please, no more phone calls - just send everything in writing.....

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                I just tear up their letters ignore the phone calls and tell them when they ask me can you answer these questions for data protection i say "nope".
                Jen is right to ignore, although remember no two situations are the same so in your respect I do not suggest ripping anything up - keep a file of everything you receive.

jen is a lot more through the process than you and they have issued a final response so anything else they send, is kinda irrelevant!

Comment

Happynomoney - Hi & Welcome

Basically, you're on the right tracks by sending off CCA Requests, as for the bank account - don't worry too much about this, with the low amount and the risk of action being taken it's better to call their bluff - so instead of quoting CCA related laws at them (which they'll know are irrelevant) it's best to just ignore them. If they have the balls to take court action, then we'll sort that for you as and when - prior to any CCJ being issued.

As for the two cards, as you've sent a CCA Request no action can be taken against you - so anything they send you is a blind threat, until at least they send a CCA in which case things change, dependant upon what they do send you.

Basically, don't do anything just now - sit tight and update this diary as and when you get anything through the post. If they hassle you by phone, let us know and we'll stop that for you as well.

Best of luck, we're all here to help - as you can see.

Niddy
                  :niddy

Comment

Thank you Never-In-Doubt.

I hope you enjoyed your well deserved holiday. I will stop phoning them after the following admission: I phoned Apex after the second letter - they said that "Lloyds TSB have forwarded the document to you". I said "no they haven't" and there was some clacking on the keys - and she said "oh no there's been a mistake ... don't know why that is showing up", and then to her credit apologised and confirmed they would not be in touch again. Weird.

So letters only. Check. Sit and do nothing. Check. I'm good at that.

Comment

Thank you Never-In-Doubt.

I hope you enjoyed your well deserved holiday. I will stop phoning them after the following admission: I phoned Apex after the second letter - they said that "Lloyds TSB have forwarded the document to you". I said "no they haven't" and there was some clacking on the keys - and she said "oh no there's been a mistake ... don't know why that is showing up", and then to her credit apologised and confirmed they would not be in touch again. Weird.

So letters only. Check. Sit and do nothing. Check. I'm good at that.
                      Hiya

Yea holiday was nice thanks - just got 501 things to catch up on here now! Long night me thinks.....

Ok, as you have already rung recently don't worry - just for future, when they start to bombard you with calls, you'll soon see why we always say write only as it also keeps an audit trail to beat them, if they try court action.

As for next moves, i've detailed above what to do - pretty much sit tight and update us as and when you hear anything, as for the bank account try calling their bluff - if they attempt court action, they'll prove to us all what muppets they are - plus we'd easily get it stopped by admitting the claim and agreeing to a repayment plan which is all you can ever expect with bank accounts, as they are unregulated via CCA1974....

You seem to have a good idea of what's going on, which is good, just chill and keep us updated..... is this all your debts then, any others?

Comment

If I have a good idea of what's going on, it's solely because I've combed this forum and read it avidly.

Other debts are so long ago now (Student Loans, Dell Computer, NSOU) I've certainly not heard from them for five years.

Comment

If I have a good idea of what's going on, it's solely because I've combed this forum and read it avidly.

Other debts are so long ago now (Student Loans, Dell Computer, NSOU) I've certainly not heard from them for five years.
                          Ahh but statute barred won't kick in till 6 years (you're in England right?).....

However, yes - don't rock the boat, so to speak - if you can stay off the radar 6yrs then you'll be fine

Comment

Updated this post http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...68&postcount=3 - letter from Iqor, but no credit agreement or mention of it.

Comment

Please quote the post you refer to. That makes it easier....

Thanks

Comment

oops

Lloyds TSB Credit Card
                                Account Opened - no Idea, but deffo pre 2007, 2001 more like.
                                Balance - 1580.43
                                Last payment - Unknown, late 2010
                                Current Status - in Default
                                Debt With - Iqor Recovery Services.

04 FEB 2011 SENT the same letter as above

As of today (13.04.11) no reply.

01 APR 2011 RECEIVED
                                A nice letter from IQOR who have provided some statements as requested, but no evidence or mention of the credit agreement anywhere.

To clarify, I wrote a long rambling letter which included a CCA request,, and for statements and records of payments etc. They have sent me back thestatements from Lloyds up until the time it went to collections.

Comment

Working...
                                X