GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cadwallader's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cadwallader's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cadwallader's UE Diary

That's fantastic very well done xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Seamus

In my case I have CRA reports from 2010 which give the date the default was registered.

C

Comment

Asset LINK Capital advised 30 December 2014 that they have bought debt from Co-op Bank. They enclosed a letter from Co-Op, also dated 30 December, confirming this.
        Briefly, account details as follows:
        •Original creditor Co-Operative Bank•Type of account Credit card•Date commenced 1983•Approx. balance £2.3k•Date last paid Last full monthly payment made 14 Jan 2009 but see below re remedying DN.•Token payments £1 made: Feb, Mar & Apr 2009•Arrangement or not paying Not paying•Status Default•DCA – Link Financial
        1 April 2009 - Default Notice issued. Requested payment of arrears £89 by 15 April 2009
        15 April 2009 - £90 credited to my account (as confirmed by Co-Op statement) thereby complying with DN
        1 April 2009 - ‘Cancellation Notice’ issued which also advised account had been terminated.
        No further payments made.
        14 July 2009 – SAR response from Co-Op. Accompanying letter states unable to include copy of original signed agreement as the account was opened in 1983 so they no longer have this document on record.
        15 Dec 2009 - Date of default in CRA records (as in Experian & Equifax reports from 2010)
        30 Dec 2014 – Asset Link Capital advised Co-Op sold account to Asset Link Capital (N0.5) Ltd on 15/12/2014. Included letter from Co-Op confirming the same.
        30 April 2015 - Letter from Link Financial saying want to ‘organise a time to talk about making affordable arrangement to clear the balance’
        15 May 2015 – Letter from Link Financial. Ignoring this notice will not make this debt go away. Please call us to discuss what options available.
        17 June 2015 - SB letter sent
        22 June 2015 - Link response to SB letter. All action being held whilst they consider the details sent to them. Will provide response in due course.
        2 Dec 2015 - Link response - no further action to be taken on the account and the matter is closed
        Response now received from Link re SB letter:

We write further in regards to the matter of The Co-operative Bank Credit Card account We can confirm that no further action is to be taken on the account and the matter is closed. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you correspondence, as we were seeking further clarification from the original creditor in regards to your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by cadwallader View Post

We write further in regards to the matter of The Co-operative Bank Credit Card account We can confirm that no further action is to be taken on the account and the matter is closed. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you correspondence, as we were seeking further clarification from the original creditor in regards to your claims.
          Early xmas present ......
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Comment

Great news

Comment

Well done C, I love good news on AAD
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Fab xx

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Great to have good news C xx

Comment

Yes indeed - thank you

C

Comment

That is great news

Not only have you got shot of a £2.3k debt but you did it using the AAD template letter so it never went near a courtroom which proves that we know how to fight off these parasites.

Well Done You!

Plan B x

Comment

Well said PB x

Comment

No, Plan B. Well done you and the AAD team.

Again thanks

C

Comment

Congrats................

Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Working...
                                X