GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Andy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Andy's UE Diary

we haven't looked at our credit records for over five years, God knows what tripe has been entered, once the debts are SB, I'll have a look then and sort it out if it needs doing, meanwhile, I don't give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy84 View Post
      MrsD: sounds good advice (subject to proviso from cymruambyth above...)
      If Cabot have entered a second default against you then we can help to get that removed AFTER the debt is SB.

Like others have said, time is your friend so just get on with your life. Let us know when you receive anything back.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi there

All quiet on the western front? Any news?

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OK, having sent Letter 1 (from the overdrafts and enforceability advice section of these forums) I have today received a response from Cabot dated 25 March 20165. It claims that I was sent a statement on 24 October 2014. I think what they are referring to here is a statement from Cabot themselves because all they say in response to my request for a copy of the agreement is "I have been unable to obtain a copy of the original overdraft agreement as a credit agreement would not have been entered into." However the letter goes on to say "I can see that you have previously made payments to Cabot in respect of this account. I would advise that these payments constitute a clear acknowledgement of the account and your liability to repay the same. I believe that you are liable for this account and I recommend that you contact us to discuss your payment options." The letter finishes by saying "I have suspended all collection activity on your account for 21 days from the date on this letter." So... any thoughts or comments on this? Maybe I should wait 21 days (or until they next contact me) and then send Letter 2 as set out in the overdrafts advice section (http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information) Anyone disagree with this or have any other thoughts or comments?

Comment

Probably be best not to contact them ,others will be along shortly.
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I would do a one liner

dear eejits

please read and address my request sent to you on blah and signed for in your office on blah.

yours truly

Andy

Comment

Hey Andy

Not had an update for a while. Any further contact from Cabot?

Best
                SnV
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  Hey Andy

Not had an update for a while. Any further contact from Cabot?

Best
                  SnV
                  Yes: at first they resumed telephone pestering. I ignored all this. They have now gone back to writing to me. I am inclined to ignore everything short of court summons if only to buy time...

Comment

I ignored all this. They have now gone back to writing to me. I am inclined to ignore everything short of court summons if only to buy time...
                    Is that wise?

Replying to letters will buy you more time than ignoring them which may prompt Cabot to go legal and weaken your case in court at the same time.

What did their last one say?

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Andy, you need to balance the ignoring and replying. As PlanB says, ignoring everything should Cabot issue a claim will be frowned on by a Judge and weaken your case. It's a good idea to keep a paper trail to show that you've kept communication open with the DCA and that you've got a genuine dispute with them and you're not just a "debt dodger".

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Hi Andy, you need to balance the ignoring and replying. As PlanB says, ignoring everything should Cabot issue a claim will be frowned on by a Judge and weaken your case. It's a good idea to keep a paper trail to show that you've kept communication open with the DCA and that you've got a genuine dispute with them and you're not just a "debt dodger".
                        Oh I see - hadn't realised that. In this case I shall take a proper look at their letters and post an update shortly - thanks for the advice.

Comment

Yes: at first they resumed telephone pestering. I ignored all this. They have now gone back to writing to me. I am inclined to ignore everything short of court summons if only to buy time...
                          Well done on not letting them pester you by telephone.

I know its not always easy when you're busy but when you get letters please update your diary, and let us know what they say.

Some letters, you're correct to ignore them, others however sometimes require a response, otherwise it could become just a matter of when you get a court claim.

However, if you respond in the correct way, to the appropriate letter, then you reduce your chances of this happening, and also buy that time you're after

Not trying to worry you, but I'd much rather you keep on top of things, than rely on luck that you won't receive a claim.

Best
                          SnV

Comment

OK I checked the correspondence: two letters from them, one dated 09/06/15 which is a standard "how we can help you" and "what you should do now" letter (possibly two of the most misleading paragraph headers in history....) ) The other is on dated 23/06/5 which says "we have been trying to reach you" and invites me to submit an offer of monthly payments. Any thoughts?

Comment

You should be okay ignoring those letters, especially as it's some time since they were sent. Let us know what you get next.

Comment

Working...
                              X