GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CO SOLD TO DCA AFTER 6 YEARS OF NO CONTACT. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CO SOLD TO DCA AFTER 6 YEARS OF NO CONTACT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CO SOLD TO DCA AFTER 6 YEARS OF NO CONTACT.

Originally posted by unclebobbybee View Post
    hi, thanks for all your help.
    how easy is it for a dca to get a AOE ??
    one of the dca's has asked for the name of my employer.
    who asked (DCA name?) and as planB said - DO NOT say!!

However pay attention to Yorkshire Bank v Mulhall (CoA) - it's from 2008

--> http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2008/1156.html

layman version:

In Mulhall, the defendant had guaranteed a company loan by the Bank. The company defaulted and the Bank demanded payment from the defendant under the guarantee. Judgment in default was obtained against her and a charging order in respect of the judgment was secured on her property. The Bank did nothing to enforce its security for 16 years, at which time the defendant applied to set the judgment and charging order aside on the basis of the Bank's delay in enforcement which meant that they had no continuing right under it by reason of the lapse of time. She argued that the charging order was statute barred under s20(1) Limitation Act 1980 which provides for a 12 year limitation period for any action to recover "any principal sum of money secured by a mortgage or other charge on property".

Refusing the defendant's appeal, the Court of Appeal held that S 20(1) does not apply either to the making of the charging order nor to any of the normal steps by way of enforcement of it. The charging order provides security for a judgment debt and judgment debts are, on the whole, outside the scope of the limitation legislation. A charging order gives the judgment creditor the rights of a secured creditor which can not be defeated by a claim to adverse possession.

Different time limits apply in relation to a charging order as opposed to a legal mortgage. With a charging order, the creditor already has a judgment. There is no need to protect the defendant from stale claims on the basis that the delay may make it difficult for him to obtain relevant evidence. The parties' rights have already been established by court proceedings and it is only the question of enforcement that remains outstanding.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hi, the comany is marlin.

Comment

that would be 'company '

Comment

Of course it is. I should have guessed.

I suppose Mortimer Clarke / Restons are / were / might get involved? If not lucky you
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Of course it is. I should have guessed.

I suppose Mortimer Clarke / Restons are / were / might get involved? If not lucky you
            those names do ring a bell.
            im sure im paying restons allready for 1 debt.

Comment

We get IE forms from these demanding a review of our CCJ.

They did not like it when we pointed out that only a judge could review a CCJ and if they wanted that to happen then they should pay up or shut up because as solicitors (optima) they should already know this. Had a polite letter off them taking us out of the mail shot.

Just working on consumers ignorance. Sort of proctice the FCA should outlaw. They have the security. If they work out we can pay more they are ways to do this without scaring people.

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
                IF
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

That makes sense.

When one looks at a picture of a marlin,

Click image for larger version

Name:	bluemarlin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1407400

the most obvious feature is a big prick.

Comment

Working...
                  X