GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Matt's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matt's UE diary

Thanks SXGuy and Deepie,

Well, I've only been a forum member a few days and it's working wonders for me.

I feel no guilt whatsoever about UE debts. The credit card companies have behaved in a reprehensible way, particularly in relation to the charging of extortionate interest rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Thanks SXGuy and Deepie,
      Well, I've only been a forum member a few days and it's working wonders for me.
      hey Matt, Glad things are working out for you mate. I too felt a huge sense of relief after finding the forum. Its great to feel in control of things isn't it?

I feel no guilt whatsoever about UE debts. The credit card companies have behaved in a reprehensible way, particularly in relation to the charging of extortionate interest rates.
      Me neither. As already pointed out by other members: when the sh1te hits the fan, do they help? No, they make things harder, increase rates and send out threatening letters. Fuck 'um, frankly
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA (card 1 of 3)

Date commenced - 1998

Approx balance - £14,000

Date last paid - January 2012

arrangement or not paying - not paying

Status - default in June 2012

Account owner - LINK

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - CCA request to Link
        MAY 2013 - Link say was sold to IDR Finance in August 2012 and that copy agreement requested from MBNA
        JUNE 2013 - account in dispute letter sent
        JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
        JUNE 2013 - Link write to say that as account opened in 1998 taking longer than expected to retrieve the documents or even the possibility that they may no longer exist

Comment

JUNE 2013 - Link write to say that as account opened in 1998 taking longer than expected to retrieve the documents or even the possibility that they may no longer exist
          It's about one and a half months since I made the CCA request. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Keep your fingers crossed that they can't find it
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BARCLAYCARD/MORGAN STANLEY

Date commenced - 2000

Approx balance - £9,500

Status - default in August 2012

Account owner - MKDP LLP

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - CCA request to Compello
              JUNE 2013 - MKDP say unable to fulfil request at this time and liaising with original creditor
              JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
              JUNE 2013 - MKDP supply copy of signed application form. Emailed to Niddy to seek his view.
              Have received letter from MKDP with application form from 2000. Have asked Niddy if he'd kindly take a look.

Comment

BARCLAYCARD/MORGAN STANLEY

Date commenced - 2000

Approx balance - £9,500

Status - default in August 2012

Account owner - MKDP LLP

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - CCA request to Compello
                JUNE 2013 - MKDP say unable to fulfil request at this time and liaising with original creditor
                JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
                JUNE 2013 - MKDP supply copy of signed application form. Emailed to Niddy to seek his view.
                Niddy advises this is UE. ))))))) I will send appropriate template letter.

I know I have a long way to go, but Niddy and you guys have saved me. iIt's going unbelievably well so far. Three out of five cards UE so far, and no substantive response from the other two a month and a half after CCA requests.

Thanks again.

Comment

Good news Matt
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Nice one Mat :-)
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

MBNA (card 2 of 3)

Date commenced - 1999

Approx balance - £16,000

Date last paid - December 2011

Account owner - LINK

HISTORY

JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
                      CCA response from Link. I have emailed the documents to Niddy.

Comment

Fingers crossed for you on this one too Matt

Comment

MBNA (card 1 of 3)

Date commenced - 1998

Approx balance - £14,000

Account owner - LINK

HISTORY

MAY 2013 - Link say was sold to IDR Finance in August 2012 and that copy agreement requested from MBNA
                          JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
                          This is also

Reason? Well they sent the terms, second page of your upload, which clearly mentions term 9.4, for example. So we then look at term 9 (9.4 is not there) which reads:

9. We will not charge interest on the outstanding amount of a Retail Transaction shown on the latest statement r! the whole Account balances as shown on the previous and latest statements are paid within 28 days after the relevant statement date.

So then we read the attached 'recon' terms, which you assume will have term 9.4, being as they mention it on the application - however at point 7.2 the terms stop to be replaced with -

Please refer to your Credit Agreement for conditions 8 and 9

And then goes on to term 10.

These terms are NOT relevant to this account and hence the account is unenforceable.

Respond as follows --> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - allaboutDEBT UK
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

MBNA (card 2 of 3)

Date commenced - 1999

Approx balance - £16,000

Date last paid - December 2011

Account owner - LINK

HISTORY

JUNE 2013 - SAR sent
                            JULY 2013 - CCA response from Link. Sent to Niddy for advice.
                            This is identical to the one above, as in error wise and you can also treat this as

Respond as follows --> Matt's UE diary - Page 3 - allaboutFORUMS
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Two results there then!

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                                Two results there then!
                                I think it's a full house 3/3 mate (£42k as well)

Comment

Working...
                                X