GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script dwj2112's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dwj2112's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dwj2112's UE Diary

Originally posted by missy View Post
    hi there,

Wait for any litter to come through and if so, send the CCA request. Link here.
    Once you have the litter through the door then give to the cat for cat to do what cats do.

Comment

Originally posted by dwj2112 View Post
      Hi All,

Thanks for your responses Niddy and SXGuy.

I've taken a couple of steps forward. I cancelled the arrangement with First Step Finance and decided to tackle the banks myself.

In all fairness, the majority of the £300 a month I was paying them was being used to build up a "pot" for paying my creditors if and when the time came, but after reading around on here I don't think they were doing anything that I couldn't do myself.

The guy that went through the cancellation with me was surprisingly helpful and objective. He also went through all the creditors with me and gave his opinion.

In relation to Egg (Barclaycard), Opus and MBNA he suggested that since they didn't seem to be chasing the debt at all at the moment, I should just leave them alone completely and not request the CCA agreement yet, as that might just encourage them to start pursuing the debt. Especially MBNA, as they had written to them saying they couldn't trace my account number (although I still get statements from them).

As far as the HBOS group is concerned it's a totally different matter. They call me several times a day - even on Christmas Eve and today (New Year's Eve). I now have letters from Albion Collections asking me to pay immediately.

My feeling is that I should get the CCA requests out to the HBOS group straight away, but leave the others alone for the moment.

If any of you have any thoughts on this, it would be great to hear from you.

Dewi
      Good Luck with the UE process. You'll get all the help you need here... but don't cherry pick the advice....follow it !

Personally, I'd leave the CCA reqs until they contact you. However, MBNA are highly unlikely to have a CCA so you could send the req straight away and get it nailed.

Send HBOS a 'phone harrassment' letter and insist that any contact should be by letter... but if its now with Albion, these should stop....'should'.

Send a CCA req to ALBION, not the Original Creditor. It is the responsibility of the current Debt Owner or their Agent to forward that request. Sending 'over their head' may create more problems than it solves.

Happy New Year. Don't take any of their crap without running it through here.

Comment

Thanks missy and pepe.

You've answered what was going to be my next question - who to send the HBOS CCA requests to? I'll get them off to Albion this week.

I'll leave Opus and Barclaycard until the "litter" starts arriving.

As for MBNA and Moorgate (originally an MBNA loan that was bought by Moorgate well before I stopped paying), I guess it makes sense to send them the requests now too as it looks like they won't have the agreements.

Thanks,

Dewi

Comment

I have built up an unsecured debt of around £52,000
          Congratulations!

Comment

[LIST][*]Type of account Halifax Credit Card (formerly Intelligent Finance)
            Might the Trade Descriptions Act (or CPUTR) apply here?
            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 2 January 2013, 00:31.

Comment

As far as the HBOS group is concerned it's a totally different matter. They call me several times a day - even on Christmas Eve and today (New Year's Eve).
              That's more than slightly naughty, especially considering you were (until recently) a client of a debt mismanagement company.

Get a strident whistle or an air horn. When they call again, deafen the buggers.

Comment

Thanks CleverClogs,

My phone's on silent most of the time anyway so I genuinely miss the calls. Just a little dissappointing when I notice I have 5 missed calls, think I'm popular for a second until I see they're all from HBOS - I recognise all the nubers now!

If I do answer from now on I will just tell them I'm dealing with Albion, who as yet haven't called me.
                Last edited by dwj2112; 2 January 2013, 01:54.

Comment

If I do answer from now on I will just tell them I'm dealing with Albion, who as yet haven't called me.
                  Perfidious Albion, Shirley?

Comment

Thanks CleverClogs,

My phone's on silent most of the time anyway so I genuinely miss the calls. Just a little dissappointing when I notice I have 5 missed calls, think I'm popular for a second until I see they're all from HBOS - I recognise all the nubers now!

Step away from that phone dwj!
                    Everything needs to be in writing from now on, you can't believe a word they say on the phone, and they won't honour any promises made. This applies to all banks/DCA's.
                    Keep a paper trail. If they catch you out just tell them everything must be in writing and hang up.

Comment

Hi All,

Received letters today from Bank of Scotland and Halifax as a reply to my CCA request. They have sent all the information requested along with copies of my original signed application.

They state that the agreements are fully enforceable and warn me about the Ministry of Justice and OFT warnings regarding people trying to avoid paying their debts.

Is this the kind of response I should expect?

Dewi

Comment

yup!!

but they are not necessarily telling you the truth!!
                        their idea of an enforceable agreement is sometimes a little shaky!

pop it off to Niddy for a look and we'll take it from there

don't worry!!

Comment

Thanks Mrs D. Just uploading them onto the site now and will pm Niddy.

HBOS group are relentless - several letters and calls every week, and next to nothing from all my other creditors.

Comment

sadly though, it is quite enforceable (from first glance)....

everything seems to be in place, however I'd still blag it - don't give in yet!
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow - thanks Niddy that was quick - I hadn't even got round to PM'ing you yet.

I have uploaded a similar one from the Halifax and suspect that one may be equally enforceablee too :-(.

Comment

Hi all,

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed with the Bank of Scotland now that I have a copy of the CCA and it is enforceable.

Previously I was on a debt management program and paying them £60 pm for a £13K+ debt.

I'm quite willing to write to them and offer to go back on the same arrangement but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions before I do.

Thanks,

Dewi

Comment

Working...
                                X