GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script cardio's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cardio's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cardio's Diary

Date Commenced: January 2003
    Approx Balance: £6,704.42 (June 2013)
    Account: Credit card
    Date Last paid: July 30th 2012 -Notional Amounts: (Last full payment July 2006)
    Status: Defaulted Notice issued May 2008 (Off CRA file May 2014)
    Account Holder: Sainsburys Bank; DLC; Sainsburys;...

17 Aug 2012
    ~ sent letter to DCA for details to substantiate their legality to claim
    3 Sep 2012~ sent CCA letters with £1 to OC and DCA, recorded delivery
    28 Sep 2012
    ~ sent 2nd CCA letters to OC and DCA asking for same; Rec Del
    18 Oct 2012
    ~ sent 3rd CCA letters to OC and DCA stating unenforceable due to not complying with CCA requests; Rec Delivery
    23 Oct 2012
    ~ reply from DCA with poor copy of an application form and something like a copy of an agreement between them and the OC regarding buying debts..."apology for delay we have been sending replies to your old address, here are the copies. We trust this now resolves the matter."
    2 Nov 2012
    emailed above to Niddy for advice on compliance
    4 Nov 2012
    . reply from Niddy... Unenforceable !!

5 Nov 2012
    ~ Sent letter to DCA asking for them to prove their legal interest in the account to establish their rights to communicate with me on this matter (Notice of assignment/Deed of assignment) before I discuss the matter further.

5 Nov
    ~ ...call on my mobile phone from OC !!! didn't answer but they sent me a text then and asked my to phone them...Blimey Crikey..somethings happening. This is despite my previous instruction that all communication should be in writing only
    6 Nov 2012
    ~ Another call from OC..suspect this might be to do with my reclaim for charges /fees which is now with FOS...didn't answer...let them put anything in writing.

7 Nov 2012
    ~ Sent Niddy's template 'Missing Prescribed terms', to DCA registered post
    7 Nov 2012
    ~ Rec'd reply from OC re unfair interest and fees applied, claim first made back in Jan 2008, OC agreed to deduct from account balance within 40 days by advising DCA
    9 Nov 2012
    ~ Sent email to OC to a) query refund being made directly to the DCA b) query why claim for statutory interest has been deducted from claim and c) to state 'compensation' of £100 is derisory. Also informed OC that the case has been referred to FOS, including a copy of their offer and my reply to them.
    10 Nov 2012
    ~ Forwarded copy of OC's 'offer to settle' and copy of my email to OC to FOS, as FOS asked to be kept updated of any subsequent 'events'. Advised by FOS case is not yet allocated to adjudicator.
    15 Nov 2012
    ~ Letter received from DLC. responds as follows 1) enclosed is copy of sale agreement between Hillesden and HBOS, we are unable to provide a full copy due to sensitive data, but we will to a judge if required in Court.(and they've attached a copy of an agreement between them and the Automobile Association !)..wtf ! 2)sole purpose is to prove we acquired a batch of accounts, yours included, it will not contain info specific to your agreement. 3)Please find recreated notice of assignment letter sent to wrong address on 31 December 2009. 4) We disagree we have failed to comply with CCA regs, as we hold no record of any CCA request from you....(I've got 4 recorded delivery receipts from them for CCA requests).
    16 Nov 2012
    ~ Reply from DCA to Niddy's letter. " As the account does not relate to a fixed term agreement, the prescribed terms are not required to be on the face of the agreement". "Any amendments made to CCA 1974 after the agreement was signed would have no legal bearing on its enforceability; consequently as the amendment made to the 1974 Act regarding prescribed terms was not introduced until 2006, this section of the Act would not apply to your agreement". "We have referred back to the original lender for an improved copy of the agreement " (that was the application form they sent me)
    21 Nov 2012
    ~ Reply from Sainsbury's re refund of charges received. State they have option to buy back part of debt from DLC so will refund charges etc via that method rather than refund directly to me. The FOS are still to rule on the matter though, however long that takes
    23 Dec 2012
    ~ No word from DCA but response from the OC. I am aware that we held an incorrect address when we sent the DN in May 2008 and due to this we have bought back the account in full from the DCA and are applying the refund to the outstanding balance. We have removed the default entry from your CRA file.
    Once the debt has been returned our Collections Team will be in touch to discuss repayments to the account. Please be aware that if you don't bring your account up to date we will follow our collections process and the account can be defaulted again.
    The refund has been increased to £1,347 as they missed some earlier charges. But where does this leave me ? I CCA'd the OC at the same time as the DCA,but the OC never acknowledged any of these. Does this mean the account is not in default now...and is thus a 'live' account ? I still do not have a copy of any agreement, just the application I sent to Niddy which is UE. I am intrigued as to what I will receive next...and as to what state the account is now in
    15 Jan 2013.
    Update. Received copy of my requested CRA file today, and the entry is still there as it was before. So obviously Sainsbury's not in any rush...which is fine by me. So, I'm just sitting tight waiting to see what materializes...I haven't responded at all to Sainsbury's yet but decided to submit a DSAR to get all the missing bits and have a look at theri copy of agreement
    20 Feb 2013
    Letter received from DLC (the DCA)..Account has now been passed back to HBOS. You will receive no further correspondence from us with regards to this account.
    29 May 2013
    Checked my CRA file and the entry has been removed, although I guess it may be put back once B.O.S. get it...just for 12 months though. Been a bit of activity with HBOS/Sainsbury DSAR.

20 July 2013.
    Sitting tight while OC sorts out the SAR. Time is ticking by nicely...Sun is out, ashes cricket..stress free...
    30 July 2013.
    Have just read the following sent to me in a letter from the CEO of Sainsbury's Bank (regarding my SAR)..."We previously agreed to buy back your debt from DLC. We have not pursued you for repayment of the outstanding balance of £xxx since this time and we have taken the decision to continue with this course of action." I missed this first time I read it, but do think that means what I hope it means ??
    Last edited by cardiac arrest; 30 July 2013, 10:59.

Comment

Diary update-

Think I'm getting a bit excited...somebody tell me it's justified.......

Comment

[QUOTE=cardiac arrest;330804]
        Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
        30 July 2013.Have just read the following sent to me in a letter from the CEO of Sainsbury's Bank (regarding my SAR)..."We previously agreed to buy back your debt from DLC. We have not pursued you for repayment of the outstanding balance of £xxx since this time and we have taken the decision to continue with this course of action." I missed this first time I read it, but do think that means what I hope it means ??
        Diary update-Think I'm getting a bit excited...somebody tell me it's justified.......
        Looks that way to me.......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          ]Looks that way to me.......
          I don't suppose this constitutes an 'agreement' in any way does it, one that I can hold them to ? There was a final sentence in the paragraph I quoted above, which said..."The debt will remain recorded with the Credit reference agencies as unsettled and the default will remain on your file until it expires."

That could be read as like a thank you and goodbye couldn't it ?
          Last edited by IF; 30 July 2013, 11:57.

Comment

What does the full paragraph say? it depends in which context it was said in, but usually that's their way of saying, "we cant do shit other than record entries on your credit file"
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Would be my take on it as well SXGuy and Deepie, however Cardiac keep that letter safe ----- very safe.

regards
              G

Comment

hope you can read this..
                Attached Files
                Last edited by cardiac arrest; 30 July 2013, 17:43.

Comment

hope you can read this..
                  In other words ....There's nothing we can do.

Comment

Result!

Comment

• Re: cardio's Diary

I love good news, well done CA
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                        I love good news, well done CA
                        Thank you...I hope I haven't misread what they have written. It's not quite as clear as 'we will no longer be chasing you for this' is it ? First time I read it I missed what it meant, but now I've re-read it I can't imagine what else they could mean. If they had put '....for the time being' at the end then it would be a temporary thing, but they didn't. Can I put my file away into safe storage now...well I guess I can..

I'm feeling a bit giddy, but ultimately all the praise goes not to me, but to Niddy and to all of you who have responded to my pleas for help with sound advice and encouragement since I came on here.

I'll be forever grateful believe me...

Comment

Good stuff Cardiac. Keep that correspondence safe ----- very safe. It doesn't mean that they won't try to flog it on for a few bob to some other unsuspecting reptile on a cheap CD buried deep in amongst a load of accounts. It is wise to just keep your guard up a bit. We didn't and almost got caught out. Well done though and sit it out to SB in a more relaxed frame of mind than of late.

regards
                          G

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                            Good stuff Cardiac. Keep that correspondence safe ----- very safe. It doesn't mean that they won't try to flog it on for a few bob to some other unsuspecting reptile on a cheap CD buried deep in amongst a load of accounts. It is wise to just keep your guard up a bit. We didn't and almost got caught out. Well done though and sit it out to SB in a more relaxed frame of mind than of late.

regards
                            G
                            I suppose they could change their mind. Wonder if there is a way to make that signed statement into a contract...you know it doesn't need a 2nd signature (we're told) and it doesn't even have to include any terms and conditions either..nor do I even need to produce a 'true' copy of it .....

Comment

Hiya hope you are well, any updates ?
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X