GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EmmaD1983’s Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EmmaD1983’s Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmmaD1983’s Diary

Debt 1
    • Type of account Tesco Personal Finance (Personal Loan)
    • Date commenced February 2004
    • Approx balance £6637.41
    • Date last paid Last full payment approx 2007. Last payment of £10 to Intrum on 2nd September 2022.
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying Paying £10 per month to Intrum (prior to this was paying it to Tesco/RBS)
    • Status Removed from credit report
    • Account owner Intrum
    31/1/2019 - letter from Tesco Personal Finance confirming they have transferred/assigned the debt to Intrum UK Finance Ltd (copy attached). Payment of £10 per month paid to Intrum since this date.

Various letters received from Intrum since 2019 wanting to check payment amount is affordable and offering reduced settlement amounts. All ignored.

14/9/2022 - letter from Intrum advising they are getting ready to instruct Resolvecall in 7 days to arrange a home visit, unless I get in touch/complete I&E form. Ignored.

21/9/2022 - letter received from Resolvecall asking me to contact Intrum within the next 7 days. Ignored.

24/9/2022 - discovered that I am now unable to log in to my Intrum account to make payment (says account can’t be found)

28/9/2022 - following advice on here, SAR letter sent to Tesco to find out what information they hold.

15/10/2022 - received paperwork from Tesco following my SAR. Sent copy of the CCA to Niddy to review. Still can’t log into my Intrum account. Nothing further heard from Resolvecall as yet.

16/10/2022 - CCA has been reviewed by Niddy who has confirmed it looks to be enforceable.

9/12/2022 - Resolvecall came to my door and handed me an envelope, requested I contact Intrum within my 48 hours

25/1/2023 - letter received from Intrum with enclosed annual statement, detailing all financial transactions from 1/1/2022-1/12/2023
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EmmaD1983; 30 January 2023, 15:47.

Debt 2
    • Type of Account Barclayloan Plus
    • Date Commenced April 2006
    • Approx Balance £3000
    • Date last paid Last full payment approx 2007
    • Are you on an arrangement or not paying Paying £5 per month to Buchanan Clark & Wells since Nov 2013 (prior to this was paying Barclays directly)
    • Account owner Barclays
    12/11/2020 - letter received from Barclays advising the loan is unenforceable (copy attached).

Continued paying £5 per month (as I wasn’t entirely sure what the letter meant).

26/9/2022 - after seeking advice on here, have now cancelled my standing order.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EmmaD1983; 28 September 2022, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaD1983 View Post
      Debt 1
      • Type of account Tesco Personal Finance (Personal Loan)
      • Date commenced February 2004
      • Approx balance £6637.41
      • Date last paid Last full payment approx 2007
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying Paying £10 per month to Intrum (prior to this was paying it to Tesco/RBS)
      • Account owner Intrum
      31/1/2019 - letter from Tesco Personal Finance confirming they have transferred/assigned the debt to Intrum UK Finance Ltd (copy attached). Payment of £10 per month paid to Intrum since this date.

Various letters received from Intrum since 2019 wanting to check payment amount is affordable and offering reduced settlement amounts. All ignored.

14/9/2022 - letter from Intrum advising they are getting ready to instruct Resolvecall in 7 days to arrange a home visit, unless I get in touch/complete I&E form. Ignored.

21/9/2022 - letter received from Resolvecall asking me to contact Intrum within the next 7 days. Ignored.

24/9/2022 - discovered that I am now unable to log in to my Intrum account to make payment (says account can’t be found)

28/9/2022 - following advice on here, SAR letter sent to Tesco to find out what information they hold.

15/10/2022 - received paperwork from Tesco following my SAR. Still can’t log into my Intrum account. Nothing further heard from Resolvecall as yet.
      I have today received a lot of paperwork from Tesco following my SAR. They have included what looks to be the credit agreement. They have also enclosed a copy of the first letter I received from Intrum, confirming that Intrum UK Finance became the legal owner of my account on 17/1/2019. Is there anyone who is able to review this for me and possibly advise me further on where I stand, in the event Intrum ever decide they are going to take this further?

Comment

I have today received a lot of paperwork from Tesco following my SAR. They have included what looks to be the credit agreement. They have also enclosed a copy of the first letter I received from Intrum, confirming that Intrum UK Finance became the legal owner of my account on 17/1/2019. Is there anyone who is able to review this for me and possibly advise me further on where I stand, in the event Intrum ever decide they are going to take this further?
        Send the agreement (including any T&Cs) to Niddy - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk without blanking anything out. Only Niddy will see it, and he can give an opinion as to enforceable or not. Head the email EmmaD1983 CCA, and include a link to this diary.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Send the agreement (including any T&Cs) to Niddy - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk without blanking anything out. Only Niddy will see it, and he can give an opinion as to enforceable or not. Head the email EmmaD1983 CCA, and include a link to this diary.
          Thank you! I have sent it over to Niddy

Comment

CCA has been reviewed by Niddy - confirmed that it looks to be enforceable

So am I best to continue paying Intrum if they start chasing me again? Or does the fact I have confirmation it was sold to Intrum UK Finance Ltd make any difference if it ever came to the point of them issuing a CCJ? I know they can issue a CCJ at any time even if I continue to pay them but I don’t just want to make matters worse for myself by stopping payments if that makes sense

Comment

The SAR has empowered you understand that at this moment Intrum DON'T know what is in your SAR.
              This is nolonger on your Credit Reports and hence damaging your Credit worth.
              If you continue to pay or correspond the Statute Bar Clock restarts and you would really want to play hard to get!
              You are still a long long way from a CCJ! You also know that there is a complex legal argument against Intrum UK Finance Ltd!
              My advice is don't write or communicate stop payments and start saving this money as a fighting fund!
              Any communication post up on AAD

Comment

On this Tesco loan - are you still currently paying £10 pm to Intrum? It seems the vultures want to get heavy with you, and milk more out of you, either way. I certainly wouldn't communicate with them.

Comment

I know they can issue a CCJ at any time...
                  It's important to remember that obtaining a CCJ is more complicated than just issuing one; Intrum will have to win in court first and show a correct assignment chain and valid CCA.

To that end, while we know that Tesco have an apparently enforceable CCA, do we know that Intrum have it since they're the ones threatening court action?
                  Last edited by Night Monkey; 17 October 2022, 09:12. Reason: Correct spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

It's important to remember that obtaining a CCJ is more complicated than just issuing one; Intrum will have to win in court first and show a correct assignment claim and valid CCA.

To that end, while we know that Tesco have an apparently enforceable CCA, do we know that Intrum have it since they're the ones threatening court action?
                    Worth highlighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                      On this Tesco loan - are you still currently paying £10 pm to Intrum? It seems the vultures want to get heavy with you, and milk more out of you, either way. I certainly wouldn't communicate with them.
                      I had been paying them £10 a month ever since the debt was sold to them, up until 2nd September this year. I haven’t paid this month as I can’t even log into my account (as it says they can’t find my account when I enter my usual login details), and from advice I’m getting on here it seems I may as well just stop paying them

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

It's important to remember that obtaining a CCJ is more complicated than just issuing one; Intrum will have to win in court first and show a correct assignment claim and valid CCA.

No I haven’t contacted Intrum to see if they have a copy of the CCA. I was advised to go straight to Tesco first to request all the information they hold about me. So I don’t know if Intrum would have it (or if they would simply request it from Tesco if I ever asked them for it).

I haven’t yet had any threat of court action, the last thing Intrum did was pass my details to Resolvecall (who I’ve had one letter from on 21st Sept but nothing since). I was just wanting to see where I would stand in the event they ever decided to threat court action, I may just be worrying too much about the what ifs.

I’m also aware of the issues with Intrum UK Finance Ltd not being FCA registered, and I have letters from both Tesco and Intrum confirming that Intrum UK Finance became the legal owners of the debt).

Comment

NO! Don't ask Intrum for a copy of the agreement. I doubt they have it currently, don't send them looking.

Comment

if they ever issue a Letter before Action (Usually about 5-6 pages) then come here and then be advised, so many threats from the threatogram drawer this time of year? (Xmas Party hopefuls)>? :- do not panic that is what they want you to do, no more CCA request unless told to on here. they would have to go through hoops to get to court with correct procedures, and we are here to help you - DO NOT CORRESPOND WITH THEM, sit on hands.
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 October 2022, 15:37.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

NO! Don't ask Intrum for a copy of the agreement. I doubt they have it currently, don't send them looking.
                              Very much this; if they do pull the trigger on court action then the clock starts ticking and they'll have to work to pull any documentation together in time - we don't want to help them to get their ducks in a row beforehand.

As you say it is difficult not to overthink things, but for now try not to worry & sit tight as advised above.

Comment

Working...
                              X