GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA reply to CCA request with my application form which appears to be altered and is illegible - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA reply to CCA request with my application form which appears to be altered and is illegible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA reply to CCA request with my application form which appears to be altered and is illegible

Hello All,

New to the Forum and quite unsure of how it all functions. Apologies if I am in the wrong discussion.

Please could give me your valued opinions regarding a response from MBNA - its validity as an agreement and legibility

I have had a tough time with the covid epidemic. My business has been severely compromised and I continue to struggle to make it viable. I sent requests to all my creditors and have had co-operation from most of them who accepted my self-managed payment offers. With my MBNA Credit card which was applied for in 2000, however, they have simply ignored my requests and offered a month’s payment holiday. I then pointed out that they had hiked my credit limit several times without a request from myself when I was already in revolving credit and the result is that their irresponsible lending had compromised my ability to service their loan and others.

Their response was that I had been sent an email with the notice of increase of the limit and that I had used it after receipt of the email which was an acceptance of the changes. I recall no such email. I simply noticed a larger limit and used it during the panemic as I had no other choice at that point.

I then sent a CCA request in the hopes that the original limit would be on the document and the terms and conditions would clarify the extent to the debt which I had originally agreed. (I do have copies of old statements showing the lower amount being in place for several years)

They have sent me my original application, which I do understand can constitute an agreement if correctly worded with all the required terms clearly and legibly in place and signed by both parties.

This document is illegible and the rear - reverse page provided on a separate sheet, appears to be a re-hash - certain elements are in large fonts and others in minute text which is impossible to read. I remember the rear being only a portion of this page without the T& C’s which could be a skilful addition. If so - they are truly unreadable.

They add a set of typed pages where clearly the references to the document purported to be the original, do not correspond - a reference to clause 9.1 is clearly not accurate as it refers to “statements" but from what I can make out on the “original” it refers to interest charges in that section.

I would value your opinion on these elements and their enforceability as I have no memory of the content of the reverse of the document which I believe to be different from the one I signed in 2000

Please Note:-
    I have deleted you CCA copies please redact personal information and account numbers if you post on the site.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 27 June 2022, 19:42. Reason: showing personal information.

Hi and welcome.
    The fact that what they have sent you is illegible deems it to be unenforceable, if you can’t read it then how can you be sure what is agreed? How would anybody else read it to determine what you’ve agreed too?
    The raising of the limit without consent is also an issue from memory, unfortunately the lady who had all the answers on this is no longer available at present so I’m hoping some other esteemed members at be able to fill in the blanks.

are you still making payments?
    The Tech Clerk will advise on best way to set out your diary for clarity purposes.

Comment

PLease make a diary and keep updated in the following form:- Welcome by the way feel free to ask anything:-
      • Type of account (credit card/loan/overdraft/catalogue)
      • Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
      • Approx balance
      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying
      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the original lender or a debt purchaser)
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 27 June 2022, 19:52.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for your wise words.

I am still paying them in excess of £200 a month and they have sent me an arrears notice for nearly 500! I just can't cope with these expenses in the current circumstances.

Comment

also send copy of the whole (not redacted he is the only one to see all details). CCA1974 to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking and refer to this thread, he will advise if enforceable or not.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Type of account - MBNA credit card
            • Date commenced Commenced 2000
            • Approx balance around £16000
            • Date last paid last full payment in February 2022
            • Asked for a payment plan but it was ignored.
            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) they say we have an arrears of 400+ in spite of regular payment of over 200 pounds a month
            • Account owner - writing to original lender.

Comment

Originally posted by letsBhonest View Post
              • Type of account - MBNA credit card
              • Date commenced Commenced 2000
              • Approx balance around £16000
              • Date last paid last full payment in February 2022
              • Asked for a payment plan but it was ignored.
              • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) they say we have an arrears of 400+ in spite of regular payment of over 200 pounds a month
              • Account owner - writing to original lender.
              send copy off to webmaster of the CCA and record sending it in the diary by date:-

Comment

Unrequested credit limit increases pushing people further into ..

Comment

Working...
                X