GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another UE diary

Got some really old debt I need to sort, one way or another. Fully intended to pay off this debt at the time, but life has repeatedly kicked me, then just as I've started to get back on my feet, it's kicked me down again. My current situation is pretty bleak, no assets, not working due to health, and got this very old debt still hanging over my head.

I was searching for advice on making settlement offers and found this forum. Such incredible advice here, and it's given me a glimmer of hope.

Type of account - MBNA credit card
    Date commenced - 2008
    Approx balance - £5000
    Date last paid - not sure
    Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not paying
    Status - Default
    Account owner - PRA
    Mar 22 - requested CCA
    Apr 22 - received paperwork but not sure if its enforceable
    Last edited by Cancerfree; 29 April 2022, 10:27.

Comment

Send cca to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking quote this thread
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Type of account - Barclaycard credit card
        Date commenced - not sure, early 2000's I think, transferred 2016
        Approx balance - £6000
        Status - Default
        Account owner - Link financial
        Mar 22 - requested CCA
        Apr 22 - still no response at all to CCA request
        Last edited by Cancerfree; 29 April 2022, 10:28.

Comment

Type of account - Halifax credit card
          Date commenced - pre 2015
          Approx balance - £3500
          Status - Default
          Account owner - Intrum UK Finance Limited
          Mar 22 - CCA requested
          Mar 22 - received letter acknowledging request/dispute

Comment

Thank you so much Tech Clerk, I'll email it across.

Comment

Hi, not much to add but you're in the right place & doing the right thing.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi welcome to AAD,
                you say you are not working due to ill health, sorry if this seems a bit nosy , but will you be able to work again or now going to be permanently on benifits?
                Only asking as My hubby had a severe stroke 12 months ago, I carried on paying his loan and credit card and car finance, then decided that because we are going to be paying towards his care package it couldn't be done, unless I went to food banks, which cosidering he gets a works pension and a state one (i don't work) seemed a bit stupid, so the car has been taken back by the finance company ( nothing more to pay) and I am at the moment arguing with the Loan and credit card companys as I don't have POA, but have told them they can't speak to him as he is in a nursing home (For now) and he can't write, read or speak, apart from ,Yes ,no, and burble, burble. he can understand what is being said and asked of him sohe has capacity to make his own decisions, just cant put them into words.
                I am hoping toget the Loan written off due to Ill health and the cost of the care package.
                sorry to waffle on. but wondering if you had thought of this, as the companys should have a department to deal with ill health (vunerable clients)

Never thought I would be starting again 10 years later
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X