GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Varboss debt diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Varboss debt diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varboss debt diary

Here is mine

Type of account - credit card (Capital one)

Date commenced - 5/8/2015

Approx balance - £383.53

Date last paid – not sure exactly but default date was 4/11/16 so no payments since then.

Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not Paying.

Account owner - Hoist finance UK (Capital one)

I've recieved a letter from Howard Cohen solicitors on behalf of hoist. Its a letter of Claim.

The original creditor was Capital one and the amount being claimed is £383.53. The date of default was 4/11/2016 so sadly not statute barred.

I had alot of problems during this time and tried to run away.

I've replied to the Claim form ticking Box D ( I dispute the debt).

I've also ticked box I ( I need more documents)
    I have e asked for The agreement, The default notice, The termination notice, The notice of assignment, The deed of assignment and finally a full statement of account.

I have also used the template here for a cca request and will get the postal order tomorrow (who do I make this payable too).

I haven't signed the notice of Claim letter but I have printed my name where it says print and left the signed section blank. Well not entirely blank, I put not needed there and drew a line thru it.

I have photocopied everything. At this stage is there anymore i can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Varboss View Post
      I've recieved a letter from Howard Cohen solicitors on behalf of hoist. Its a letter of Claim.

The original creditor was Capital one and the amount being claimed is £383.53. The date of default was 4/11/2016 so sadly not statute barred.

I had alot of problems during this time and tried to run away.

I've replied to the Claim form ticking Box D ( I dispute the debt).

I've also ticked box I ( I need more documents)
      I have e asked for The agreement, The default notice, The termination notice, The notice of assignment, The deed of assignment and finally a full statement of account.

I have also used the template here for a cca request and will get the postal order tomorrow (who do I make this payable too).

I haven't signed the notice of Claim letter but I have printed my name where it says print and left the signed section blank. Well not entirely blank, I put not needed there and drew a line thru it.

I have photocopied everything. At this stage is there anymore i can do.
      Do not send that Letter Before Claim back without first of all contacting Colin G Quinn
      Giving a link back to you Diary here!
      Tactics become important . The Initial discussion is free

Comment

Hi.
        if you did decide to send the reply to the letter of claim leave it till the last week before the date need to be returned by.
        The CCA request should be sent to Hoist.

NW
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, I emailed the company as I wanted everything in writing and offered a cheeky £75 full and final settlement. They accepted and have confirmed thru email that the account is now closed and partially satisfied. The solicitor also emailed me to confirm.

I know they probaly didn't have the info for it to go further but for the sake of £75 I just paid.

Comment

did you include that the said balance will not be sold on?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes I did, and I have also recieved from them a final statement regarding the account, The balance on thier states £0 and also confirmation that the account is closed, again thru email.

Comment

Well the debt was "..claimed is £383.53. .."
                For them to proceed with this small claim would have cost them !!
                They would have considered this a Victory a debt that cost them say £3-£4 and they have made £75.00 So A Nice little earner
                It wouldn't have changed your options but left you with £75.00 in pocket.

Tactics come into the equation. This includes costs as well as legalities.
                Understand the Original Debt would have been written off for Tax purposes and no longer exists within the Official Money Supply.

Comment

But we also need to balance the cost against the peace of mind that not having a 'debt' hanging over us can bring, let alone having to decide how and whether to deal with the attendant letters, emails and calls that come with it. For seventy-five quid I can see why the OP has chosen to just make it go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
                    But we also need to balance the cost against the peace of mind that not having a 'debt' hanging over us can bring, let alone having to decide how and whether to deal with the attendant letters, emails and calls that come with it. For seventy-five quid I can see why the OP has chosen to just make it go away.
                    Agreed!! BUT you have to be aware of shared information and Communications. Its a different world today that a few years ago!
                    A connected world of shred information.
                    If you look at your Credit Report you will see that numerous Companies, not just Banks, have an interest in you. I am thinking curiously of British Gas form one and the various MOB suppliers. This is a sharing of information. Ever wondered why or how your MOB number seems to become available to DCA'S?
                    I am aware of one DCA writing ".. We have received confirmation from a Credit Reference Agency to inform us that you have recently settled one of your creditors. .. Due to another creditor's debt being settled, you should have more disposable income available to start making payments to your account with ######"

Comment

I agree with both points, I wanted it to go away due to family issues which is stressful enough but then another part of me is they settled very easily. However I could of ended up paying the full amount. I think I would of gone to half of the original debt if pushed so I actually look at it as saving money and time that can be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Ultimately this forum can only offer experience and advice, whatever you decide is ultimately the right decision for you.

I'm glad that you've now got this one behind you, at least.

Comment

The forum has always respected the decisions of the members.
                          Its always helpful however to share current experiences with how the Credit Reference Agencies are currently being used by DCA''s

Comment

If you settle a debt it will show as settled on the CRA file. any DCA can check it, so they know you have had the money to pay one off.
                            Every DCA has someone checking the CRA's for this purpose, not rocket science, they always have and always will, thats how they know to make the squeeze on the " we may" letters

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                              The forum has always respected the decisions of the members.
                              Its always helpful however to share current experiences with how the Credit Reference Agencies are currently being used by DCA''s
                              Personaly, I think Not. I will leave it there and not comment further.
                              Last edited by nightwatch; 28 March 2022, 22:55. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X