GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ShillyShally's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShillyShally's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ShillyShally's Diary

Originally posted by ShillyShally View Post
    Good evening.

I've received the following undated letter today from Wescot (via UK Mail so no post mark either)

Final Notice - " Despite previous correspondence a balance remains outstanding on the above account. Unless you make contact with us and agree repayment within the next 10 days collection activity will continue on the account. This may lead to either us or our client:

* instructing a door step collector to visit your property to collect payment or
    * taking court action ...

Payment due before : 3rd February 2011

They do seem to have gone rather overboard on the bold, underline, increase font size and use red ink front! As usual, your guidance will be much appreicated.

Regards
    Sounds like a typical DCA threat! Note the use of "May". ... but others more experienced will be along to advise...
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Good evening.

I've received the following undated letter today from Wescot (via UK Mail so no post mark either)

Final Notice - " Despite previous correspondence a balance remains outstanding on the above account. Unless you make contact with us and agree repayment within the next 10 days collection activity will continue on the account. This may lead to either us or our client:

* instructing a door step collector to visit your property to collect payment or
      * taking court action ...

Payment due before : 3rd February 2011

They do seem to have gone rather overboard on the bold, underline, increase font size and use red ink front! As usual, your guidance will be much appreicated.

Regards
      Hiya, sorry for the delay in getting back to you - its a typical threat so just send this back; ---> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit Template
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

11/10/2010 Notice of Debt Collection on the above account from Wescot
        19/10/2010 "Prove it" letter sent
        25/10/2010 Acknowledgement of query from Wescot
        18/11/2010 Copy of Credit Agreement and request for payment received from Wescot
        25/11/2010 “Documents I received appear to be missing these required prescribed terms” as advised by NiD.
        24/01/2011 “Final Notice” Payment in full due before 3rd February 2011

09/02/2011 Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors “To avoid court action” Letter (received today).

I have received this today : "our client has informed us that you have failed to make any satisfactory payment towards this account and the balance remains outstanding. The reason why we are writing to you is to put you on notice that if, within 10 days of the date of this letter, you have not made a payment or agreed a suitable repayment plan, we shall advise our client to issue proceedings without further notice. However, we believe that if possible court proceedings should be avoided and we have suggested to our client that they should consider a settlement from you, before issuing proceedings."

In the same post and in identical envelopes with matching return addresses I have received a Without Prejudice 40% short settlement offer from Wescot!

Your advice, as usually, will be most gratefully received.

Comment

11/10/2010 Notice of Debt Collection on the above account from Wescot
          19/10/2010 "Prove it" letter sent
          25/10/2010 Acknowledgement of query from Wescot
          18/11/2010 Copy of Credit Agreement and request for payment received from Wescot
          25/11/2010 “Documents I received appear to be missing these required prescribed terms” as advised by NiD.
          24/01/2011 “Final Notice” Payment in full due before 3rd February 2011

09/02/2011 Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors “To avoid court action” Letter (received today).

I have received this today : "our client has informed us that you have failed to make any satisfactory payment towards this account and the balance remains outstanding. The reason why we are writing to you is to put you on notice that if, within 10 days of the date of this letter, you have not made a payment or agreed a suitable repayment plan, we shall advise our client to issue proceedings without further notice. However, we believe that if possible court proceedings should be avoided and we have suggested to our client that they should consider a settlement from you, before issuing proceedings."

In the same post and in identical envelopes with matching return addresses I have received a Without Prejudice 40% short settlement offer from Wescot!

Your advice, as usually, will be most gratefully received.
          Hiya

I am lost as to what you received cos you've added a full timeline....? If you got a letter today, please just add a date and content of letter - plus the lender details or a link to the last post so I can refresh my memory!

Ok, from reading this post 5 times, are you saying that in response to the "Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit Template" letter you sent to Wecott on 1st February, you've now received the threat from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors?

Can you confirm the above, and also confirm what date wecott signed for the letter you sent on 1st Feb? I presume you sent it recorded delivery...?
          Please remember to see this thread here: ---> Uploading Documents
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X