GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script He's my man even with his debts! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's my man even with his debts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: He's my man even with his debts!

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    He sounds like a thoroughly decent bloke who put his childrens' welfare ahead of everything else like boring money Courts always put the kids first because they're the innocent ones in all this.

I'm a second wife and I was happy to see my (now ex) husband spend his money on keeping two little girls happy in the home they had grown up in. That was one reason why I made such an effort to like them, and we're still in touch now 20 years later. At least you know he'll stand by your children if the same thing ever happens to your marriage. I'd hang on to this man if I were you he seems like a good catch
    Thanks PB, he definitely is...his family was gunning for him to do all he could to get the clean break but i think deep down he feels that this is kind of a 'punishment' for not leaving sooner..I believe it would have been better for all parties if both properties were dispensed and all debts paid, her into LA housing him starting from scratch..but at least a 'clean' scratch.
    She would never have accepted that. she is very much 'what she has' and to lose her big house would have been more damaging to her ego. the children would have been the ones that lost in the end tho. At least they have their dad and mum being 'sort' of civil because she is somewhat undisturbed in her life.

Comment

right, so think i have gotten my head around this.

debts are UE, can be pursued thru the courts but can fight this.
      no court orders made, defaults drop off credit file
      become SB after last payment made (even if not on credit file anymore) but open to dcas to try and collect even if sb.

so OH changes mobile number, sends CCA letters, and waits?

Comment

Originally posted by DangGina View Post
        .I believe it would have been better for all parties if both properties were dispensed and all debts paid, her into LA housing him starting from scratch..but at least a 'clean' scratch.
        She would never have accepted that. she is very much 'what she has' and to lose her big house would have been more damaging to her ego. the children would have been the ones that lost in the end tho. At least they have their dad and mum being 'sort' of civil because she is somewhat undisturbed in her life.
        Maybe look at it another way. It wasn't her big house it was the home she lived in with his three children. If it had been sold would it really have been better for all parties including them? And maybe some of those joint debts were to pay for his kid's stuff (clothes, shoes, pizzas) because men hate shopping and half-term activities so Mums end up sorting it all using the joint credit card

If it was me I'd look to the future and not feel resentful of his past, because it's going to be around your life until 2024 from what you say about the age of those 3 children. Take a pragmatic not emotional view of the money stuff and we'll certainly help you do that

Comment

nope defo! If i had my way i wouldnt have loved the bugger so much and ran at the first sight of his credit report!

I have also started looking at it as he isnt a big earner, how much can he REALLY add to our mortgage capacity anyway! hes got to pay CM out of that income too so already down 20% on what he takes home so I reckon what he would increase in capacity we could save in two years anyway.
          so there are positive thoughts in this head not too worry!
          I guess I am just torn really, is he better off paying a dmp or going this route? I am certainly the administrator and loves me a challenge (bank charges success back in 2007) but i also suppose he can save what he would pay into a dmp and offer F & F if we ever get to the point of REALLY feeling threatened with court..!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Ok, this gets funnier - so her parents are loaded yet she is messing about like this..... why then was that not mentioned in court? They have to take that into account, what if the parents were millionaires? That plays a major mart in this and if they are so quick to jump in then why not just sign the bloody thing over to her?

If a court ever tried to order me to pay my daughter's mortgage I'd disown her quick smart

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              If a court ever tried to order me to pay my daughter's mortgage I'd disown her quick smart
              Now you and I both know you're joking. I can relate as well, as a parent.

Gotta give the guy credit.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

Even though I have the CCA for nram and tesco (requested with regards to PPI in 2010-ish) Do I need to re-send the CCA requests to kick off the UE?

Comment

Re: Help with Unenforceability

morning all

could someone pls link me the sticky for the step by step guide? I think I have an issue with my PC not refreshing properley and my bookmark link is broken!

Thank you! TGIF!
                  I have CCAs for 2 loans but these were requested long ago and not sure if i need to resend the cca requests to start the UE process.
                  both debts no payments since early 2011

Comment

morning all

could someone pls link me the sticky for the step by step guide? I think I have an issue with my PC not refreshing properley and my bookmark link is broken!

Thank you! TGIF!
                    I have CCAs for 2 loans but these were requested long ago and not sure if i need to resend the cca requests to start the UE process.
                    both debts no payments since early 2011
                    Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks i2d, have started a diary..but as i have requested cca a few years back i already have them. but do i have to resend the cca request again to start the 12+2 days ticking?
                      I cant find an actual step by step guide for when and how to do what.

Comment

Thanks FP, sent them to Niddy a few days back guess will wait and see what he says!

Comment

Tesco Personal Finance - Loan

• Date commenced 02/11/2004

• Approx balance £3374

• Date last paid January 2012

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - not paying

• Status defaulted 04/04/2012

• Account owner Tesco still corresponding

sent
                          received
                          other information
                          CCA on file as reclaimed PPI last year
                          September 2012 - emailed NIDDY CCA
                          August -sent letter august asking to set up repayment plan on self managed dmp
                          August -letter recieved accepting payment plan starting october!
                          updated with dates
                          Last edited by DangGina; 14 September 2012, 09:21.

Comment

NRAM - Loan

• Date commenced 10/11/2006

• Approx balance £9356

• Date last paid January 2011 - redundancy month

• Status defaulted 27/07/2011

• Account owner NRAM and AIC correspond

sent
                            received
                            other information

September 2012 - emailed CCA to niddy

August -sent letter august asking to set up repayment plan on self managed dmp - Sent to AIC
                            September -letter recieved accepting payment plan starting october!
                            September -letter recieved from NRAM stating debt has been recovered from agency and to contact them
                            September -telephoned NRAM - debt passed to another DCA, no longer with AIC even though they have accepted repayment plan
                            updated with dates!
                            Last edited by DangGina; 14 September 2012, 09:21.

Comment

Lloyds TSB - Current Account Overdraft Balance (joint with exwife)

• Date commenced 01/09/2009 (a year after separation! original account opened sometime 1994-95)

• Approx balance £5530

• Date last paid never paid towards it - salary last went in July 2008, separated 2 weeks later and opened own account

• Status defaulted 07/06/2011

• Account owner Wescot

sent
                              received
                              other information

September 2012 - posted CCA request
                              august -sent lettter requesting repayment plan on self managed dmp (sent to lloyds and wescot)
                              september -no acknowledgment just direct debit form from wescot to fill and return- have not completed or returned
                              updated with dates
                              Last edited by DangGina; 14 September 2012, 09:22.

Comment

Sorry I'll sort emails shortly.

Been very tied up so to speak. But all sorted now so I'll plough on and catch up today hopefully
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X