GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kenny91's Debt Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny91's Debt Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenny91 View Post

A quick question on the imminent CCA request to Barclays about my overdraft, can I just send the standard CCA template or is there a specific one for bank accounts?
    Is this the Barclays current account in post #5 on your thread?

I just want to be sure that I’m responding to the right (relevant debt) questions before asking you for more background in order to give you the right answers.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Is this the Barclays current account in post #5 on your thread?

I just want to be sure that I’m responding to the right (relevant debt) questions before asking you for more background in order to give you the right answers.

Di

Hi Di,

Yes, it is. Opened eons ago and I've paid Barclays an absolute fortune in fees/foreign ATM charges etc over many, many years so anything I can get back off them would be especially sweet.

Regards.

K91

Comment

DEBT NO 5:

Type:
        Barclays Bank Overdraft

Date Commenced: Sometime in the late 90s

Current Balance: £2,000

Default Date: July 2010

Last Paid: March 2021

Owner: Barclays Bank

Maybe don’t send a CCA Request just yet since the debt is still with Barclays giving them the potential opportunity to remedy any flaws that may have been made, especially since you were paying towards this account up until March this year.

Was this an arranged or unarranged overdraft?

Wait and see what they do next.

You may have a chance to reclaim some bank charges etc but it depends how long ago the misdemeanours took place.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Maybe don’t send a CCA Request just yet since the debt is still with Barclays giving them the potential opportunity to remedy any flaws that may have been made, especially since you were paying towards this account up until March this year.

Was this an arranged or unarranged overdraft?

Wait and see what they do next.

You may have a chance to reclaim some bank charges etc but it depends how long ago the misdemeanours took place.

Di
          Hi Di,

Thanks for the advice, I'll hold fire for now and see what happens - I find Barclays' tone of voice in correspondence quite rude, but have a very thick skin so it just bounces off me.

It was an arranged overdraft, and on top of that for a short while following redundancy - that happened a few months prior to the DMP starting - I used a Personal Reserve which had horrendous charges of £22 every five days.

Some months I was paying £110 in those fees alone! It's sickening to look back at all the old statements to see how much they fleeced/are still fleecing me for.

I believe the FOS only investigates cases less six years old, but maybe I'll fire off a complaint anyway so Barclays have to cough up the £650 case fee if nothing else. Small victories and all that.

Cheers,

K91
          Last edited by Kenny91; 8 June 2021, 22:22.

Comment

Hi Di, Thanks for the advice,

. . . . I find Barclays' tone of voice in correspondence quite rude
            I used to find their correspondence rude too, but then I realised that was the object of the exercise, perhaps to intimidate you into submission.

I envy you having a thick skin - if only

Di

Comment

Couple of quick questions if I may on Debts 1 (MBNA/Virgin Credit Card) and 5 (Barclays Overdraft):

A. My main bank account is with a member of the Lloyds Banking Group, so given said entity bought all the old MBNA credit card debts a few years ago, am I at risk of them pinching (offsetting) money from my account? Or is Arrow Global Guernsey Limited now the actual owner of the debt and so such a course of action is not possible?

B. I saw on another thread how Barclays' in-house collection agents Mercers had issues with paperwork, and I know they wrote to me several times in 2010, but as I also had problems with a Barclaycard debt at the time I simply can't recall if they wrote to me about one, the other, or both. I don't have the associated correspondence, but "IF" Mercers did issue the default notice for this overdraft, would that make the debt unenforceable? I assume a SAR would shed some light on this too?

Thanks in advance.

K91

Comment

Couple of quick questions if I may on Debts 1 (MBNA/Virgin Credit Card) and 5 (Barclays Overdraft):

A. My main bank account is with a member of the Lloyds Banking Group, so given said entity bought all the old MBNA credit card debts a few years ago, am I at risk of them pinching (offsetting) money from my account? Or is Arrow Global Guernsey Limited now the actual owner of the debt and so such a course of action is not possible?

B. I saw on another thread how Barclays' in-house collection agents Mercers had issues with paperwork, and I know they wrote to me several times in 2010, but as I also had problems with a Barclaycard debt at the time I simply can't recall if they wrote to me about one, the other, or both. I don't have the associated correspondence, but "IF" Mercers did issue the default notice for this overdraft, would that make the debt unenforceable? I assume a SAR would shed some light on this too?

Thanks in advance.

K91
                These are notable issues for both A. and B. and you are aware of them! That's good use of the wealth of knowledge in these AAD files and diaries!!

Knowledge brings confidence! You have all the more reason to sit on your hands!
                Silence here is golden, no need for a SAR at this time!
                Perhaps see if you can find old correspondence!

A/ If assigned to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited the MBNA credit card debt can't be offset.
                B/ The involvement of Mercers has the potential to create Problems!

Comment

try and get current account not part of the cards etc group
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Quick update as couple of letters came in recently, some good news about the Natwest one as still no sign of the CCA.

And Idem getting itchy fingers about my small Lloyds debt.

Given been several months since my last DMP payment, am expecting the postie to be working up a serious sweat over the next few weeks of this heatwave.

Have updated the relevant debts in the sections above.
                    Last edited by Kenny91; 23 July 2021, 09:29.

Comment

So, seems like it's time to put up the bunting and balloons as Resolvecall are now on the case for one of the larger debts! (Won't say which at this stage).

No communication from them yet, but assuming they do turn up unannounced, which of the following is the best course of action:

1. Don't say a word and just slam the door shut?
                      2. Tell them to Foxtrot Oscar and then slam the door shut?
                      3. Tell them to Foxtrot Oscar with cricket bat in hand (as, you know, was playing out back with little one at the time....) and then slam the door shut?
                      4. Garble at them in a foreign language while telling them to Foxtrot Oscar and then slam the door shut?
                      5. Set the dog on them? (Though she'd probably lick them, rather than maul them)

But seriously, what's the best approach? I do have a short fuse sometimes so feel not engaging at all (even to confirm name) would work best.

Cheers,

Kenny
                      PS: I assume they wear audiovisual recording equipment?
                      PPS: No updates on the other debts really, mail trickling in asking for payment plan details now third party no longer handling my affairs, but no calls as yet.

Comment

Morning

If and I mean IF, they turn up, just ask them to leave,
                        they are only doing a job, they have been asked to step in to help you reconnect with which ever company you have been ignoring.
                        They don't know why your not paying or talking to them, to be honest I don't think they even care why.
                        Many are self employed and get paid by how many they visit, with a bonus if they get you to reconnect and make a payment, but why I would want to go into my financial situation with a total stranger is beyond me.
                        Could just pick someone at a bus stop, but they would probably not want to know.
                        So just a quick.
                        Thanks for calling, but I'm not going to stand at the door to chat. Bye, shut door. Walk away.
                        Often it can shock them into silence,

NW
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          Morning

NW
                          You REALLY are the Nightwatch.

Comment

So, seems like it's time to put up the bunting and balloons as Resolvecall are now on the case for one of the larger debts! (Won't say which at this stage).

No communication from them yet, but assuming they do turn up unannounced, which of the following is the best course of action:

1. Don't say a word and just slam the door shut?
                            2. Tell them to Foxtrot Oscar and then slam the door shut?
                            3. Tell them to Foxtrot Oscar with cricket bat in hand (as, you know, was playing out back with little one at the time....) and then slam the door shut?
                            4. Garble at them in a foreign language while telling them to Foxtrot Oscar and then slam the door shut?
                            5. Set the dog on them? (Though she'd probably lick them, rather than maul them)

But seriously, what's the best approach? I do have a short fuse sometimes so feel not engaging at all (even to confirm name) would work best.

Cheers,

Kenny
                            PS: I assume they wear audiovisual recording equipment?
                            PPS: No updates on the other debts really, mail trickling in asking for payment plan details now third party no longer handling my affairs, but no calls as yet.
                            The one time someone turned up at my door he was just an ordinary bloke who asked me to contact the company concerned - no body cam or anything. Of course if you do reconnect you need to be very careful how you phrase it which I guess is what they are hoping- resetting the limitations clock.

Personally I do not understand how anyone would voluntarily choose to harass people who owe money , but maybe that's because I have a social conscience and care about people.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt responses, which are duly noted and appreciated. I do have some sympathy with the RC workers, as I used to have to do the occasional "death knock" for a local rag and you never knew if the grieving family members would try and punch your lights out (elderly photographer always stayed in the car with his expensive camera for that reason) or invite you in for a cup of tea for a tribute piece.

In fact, daily court visits for said rag are probably one reason why I'm not in the least bit concerned about a potential court fight (real or virtual).

The local magistrates' court was a fascinating place to while away a couple of hours each day, a lot of mundane stuff (ABH, drink driving, speeding etc), but some right corkers too involving regional characters who had no doubt hoped their offences had slipped under the media's radar.

Comment

Brief update, came back from a holiday last week expecting a shedload of correspondence from angry creditors, but had absolutely nothing bar a missed call card from Resolvecall in early September.

Will file it away with the other paperwork and see if they return anytime soon.

Prior to my break, Lowell called a few times but I simply rejected the calls without saying anything.

Let's see what approach they try next.

Comment

Working...
                                X