GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starman's Wife UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starman's Wife UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...we received an odd letter from AA which has no mention of the CCA request
    Was the CCA request sent to AA or Jaja? The above quote implies the former but post #13 advises the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Was the CCA request sent to AA or Jaja? The above quote implies the former but post #13 advises the latter.
      The CCA request was sent to a Jaja address which I found on their website. The bottom of the letter reads "The AA Credit Card is provided by Jaja Finance Limited." Likely they have kept the name "AA Credit Card" but the credit provider has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
        So long as you can evidence you sent a CCA letter and the payment they are stuffed.

I think you've summed up the OP's legal position rather well

Di

Comment

I am not sure what is happening with jaja but it looks like they are having some difficulties - they are not allowing any new cards at the moment

Comment

Hi,

We've had a lengthy response from AA / JAJA and PRA (Barclaycard).

Mostly terms and conditions of a credit agreement, I'll get them scanned and sent for verification shortly.

Comment

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk when you send CCAs
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                Thank you, just sent them

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post
                  had a lengthy response from AA / JAJA and PRA (Barclaycard).

Mostly terms and conditions of a credit agreement

I see you've been sent Ts & Cs but no mention of an actual credit agreement.

Do either of the covering letters from JAJA or PRA also say that they are waiting for further documentation etc?

Or do they say boldly that they 'consider' the debt to now be enforceable?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

I see you've been sent Ts & Cs but no mention of an actual credit agreement.

Do either of the covering letters from JAJA or PRA also say that they are waiting for further documentation etc?

Or do they say boldly that they 'consider' the debt to now be enforceable?

Di
                    Hello Di,

Within the T&Cs, they do reference the actual credit agreements.

Unfortunately Niddy's opinion are that are both enforceable.

Still waiting to hear back from PRA/MBNA.

Comment

Working...
                    X