GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starman's Wife UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starman's Wife UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starman's Wife UE Diary

Hi,

This is the thread of my wife's credit card debts

Type of account Credit Card - Barclaycard
    Date commenced Feb-15
    Approx balance £11,300
    Date last paid Jul-21
    Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
    Status Default - December 2019
    Account owner PRA Group - Oct 2020

22/04/21 - CCA request sent via 2nd Class Sign For, including £1 postal order
    30/04/21 - Letter received dated 29/04/21 acknowledging CCA request and informing they are requesting the "required information". They state they don't charge for this and have returned the postal order.
    18/05/21 - CCA received dated 13/05/21, awaiting verification - Niddy's opinion is ENFORCEABLE
    Last edited by starman; 30 June 2021, 11:57.

Comment

Type of account Credit Card - MBNA
      Date commenced Jul-14
      Approx balance £23,900
      Date last paid May-21
      Are you on arrangement or not Stopped paying DMP May 21
      Status Default - March 2020
      Account owner PRA Group - Sep 2020

30/04/21 - Letter received dated 29/04/21 acknowledging CCA request and informing they are requesting the "required information". They state they don't charge for this and have returned the postal order.
      08/06/21 - Letter received dated 07/06/21 - Statement from MBNA with cover letter from PRA stating they are awaiting further documents and currently deem the debt as UNENFORCEABLE
      30/06/21 - Letter received dated 25/06/21 - T&Cs and apparent agreement, awaiting verification - Niddy's opinion currently UNENFORCABLE
      Last edited by starman; 30 June 2021, 12:43.

Comment

Type of account Credit Card - AA
        Date commenced Dec-15
        Approx balance £3,300
        Date last paid Jul-21
        Are you on arrangement or not Paying DMP
        Status Default - March 2020
        Account owner JAJA Finance - Unsure

28/04/21 - Received letter, completely ignoring the CCA and said they don't accept payments by cheque for your credit card
        19/05/21 - CCA received dated 14/05/21, awaiting verification - Niddy's opinion is ENFORCEABLE
        Last edited by starman; 30 June 2021, 11:58.

Comment

Hello & Welcome:- could you update what action i..:- have you CCAd or received default noticed from any of these, just to get more ideas by members!?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,

Added the default dates, not sent CCA yet and still paying DMP.

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post
              Hi,

Added the default dates, not sent CCA yet and still paying DMP.

Hello again.

It's definitely a good idea to keep your and your wife's debts on separate threads unless any of them are joint like a loan, but it doesn't look as if they are (that's not the same as Additional Cardholder on a credit card).

If you can add any information on when these (and your) debts were assigned/that would help to complete the picture before making any suggestions as to the way forward.

I look forward to helping both of you.

Di

Comment

Hi again

I've updated the posts with the date when they were assigned to the debt collections.

I'm not sure when the AA credit transformed to JAJA Finance. There is no mention of AA Credit card on credit file unlike PRA Group who have created separate entries (and additional defaults!)

BTW, the mortgage with Nationwide is a joint account, it's the only financial association we have together.

Comment

...unlike PRA Group who have created separate entries (and additional defaults!)
                  This might be worth looking at in the fullness of time, it's my understanding that while a CRA entry can be transferred to a new owner the original default should remain the only one.

Plenty of time to think about that though, the experts will be along soon.

And welcome, btw.

Comment

Hi again

I'm not sure when the AA credit transformed to JAJA Finance. There is no mention of AA Credit card on credit file

I can help you with the answer to that question - the Bank of Ireland sold their credit card business including thousands of their AA branded credit cards to JaJa Finance in September 2020 (last year) as explained in The Guardian > https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...rred-visa-Jaja

This could explain why the AA is not showing on your wife's credit file now.

I don't know what paperwork would have travelled with the sale, but there's a slim chance not everything arrived safely so let's see what Jaja come up with if/when you send them a s78 CCA Request.

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

So do you think now is a good time to send the s78 CCA Request?

One thing that concerns is if it comes back as enforceable, will they look to expediate the repayment in the form of a CCJ? Or would they be happy for us to go back to the DMP for the next 25 years

Comment

send the CCA more than one factors as proven on here to make a case for them to win, without site of CCA nobody can get a true idea of facts, send ot get proof of posting also copy on file and update diary
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Di,

So do you think now is a good time to send the s78 CCA Request?

One thing that concerns is if it comes back as enforceable, will they look to expediate the repayment in the form of a CCJ? Or would they be happy for us to go back to the DMP for the next 25 years|

Yes, send a CCA Request to Jaja.

I don't have a crystal ball to predict what will happen next so try not to worry about the 'what ifs'.

Wait until you get their response and then cross each bridge as you get to it.

Di

Comment

Today, we received an odd letter from Jaja which has no mention of the CCA request and instead just says they don't accept payment for your credit card via cheque.

I have a copy of letter I sent them and the tracking number showing they received it.

Guess I will mark as unenforceable after the statuary time has passed
                            Last edited by starman; 28 April 2021, 15:24.

Comment

Today, we received an odd letter from AA which has no mention of the CCA request and instead just says they don't accept payment for your credit card via cheque.

I have a copy of letter I sent them and the tracking number showing they received it.

Guess I will mark as unenforceable after the statuary time has passed
                              That is no surprise- I have had letters from Lowell saying there is no need to send a deed of novation when I said something completely different. I think sometimes people just press the wrong button. So long as you can evidence you sent a CCA letter and the payment they are stuffed.

Comment

Working...
                              X