GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script George Washing UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Washing UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: George Washington UE Diary

think that although this is annoying and probably some of it is delay tatics by the bank there could be some grain of truth behind what is going on.

The DPA has been a boon for the little man when challenging the big boys so from that point of view its all good.

However companies are starting to wake up to the fact the ICO does have teeth. (not with us when we want a DCA for making a mess of stuff).
    One part of the DPA is that a company cannot send personal information out on a new request without firstly ensuring the data is going to the right person. If they fail this and data ends up in wrong hands the ICO is starting to hit them with big fines.

Sending out personal data on a new request now for us is a big no no and has been moved into a gross misconduct type of disiplinary offence. We have to follow set guidelines and it goes to quite a senior level before we release. For the last 3 years we have had mandatory training and 2 exams per year.

What SXguy is reporting Natpest is saying coincides with what we are told at work. Old data requests can continue but with new ones we have to do background checks that the person is legally allowed to have the data. Even if its the same person. This has to be recorded we have done these checks just incase something does go wrong and ICO wants to check what we did.

If the check doesnt prove beyond reasonable doubt the person is who they say they are then no data is released.

I dont know what the answer is here because for us at work we are not known for lifting a signature onto a document to make a debt enforceable. In the requests for a CCA it is known and documented and the reason why the digital signature is recommended.

Sometimes it only has to be something as silly as someone getting wrong info complaining to the ICO which will make the company react and go into supersafe mode.

I think Elsa's method or FP's anti tamper strip have merits when a company has gone into lockdown.

Comment

Just a random thought about signatures.

When you sign a document you attach you identity to it at that point in time.

It merely says that you were there, and subscribe to whatever the document purports to do.

When you sign, it is not a device for proving your identity, there is nothing wrong in signing a document in any way you want, you are not legally constrained to identify yourself by the way you write your name.
      Last edited by gravytrain; 16 November 2012, 10:40.

Comment

Agree once again mate but feel that in this instance the bank is using DPA against us. And that doesnt help the first president here.

No lower munchkin will risk their job to give us what we want if we dont do what the bank deems is required and has set out in its guidance to munchkins.

There will be a template letter which when a request comes in with no signature that they crank up and return.

Maybe the second letter that FP stated should go to an organ grinder not a monkey? Or use the anti tamper strip or Elsa's method.

I just know from my experience of late that big organisations are absolutely kacking themselves over loss of personal data and that fact coming out in the press.

Niddys letter will be right just we are not dealing with someone who is allowed to think. And if they did they risk losing their job over it.

Comment

Your right, they do issue template letters, nice little boxes with different replies, one being no signature, and they kindly tick it for you to show which reply they are using lol
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA

MBNA (S)

• Type of account – CREDIT CARD

• Date commenced (May 2003)

• Approx balance
£8600
            • Date last paid December 2009 full payment made

• Are you on arrangement or not paying
Stopped CCCS payments September 2012
            • Status (default july 10 £9500)

Account owner (DCA Westcot and Arrow)

HISTORY
            July 2012 we offered F7F c20% they said no and asked for 89%
            29-10-12 CCA sent
            27-11-12 Arrow global wrote back on 27-11-12, returned postal order for £1 and said they are not the creditor but will elp with info request.
            Last edited by George Washing; 15 December 2012, 13:42. Reason: more communication since posting

Comment

Re: MBNA

July 2012 I offered F+F circa £4k July 2012, they rejected akin for 89% of debt

October 2012 CCA'd

November 2012 They acknowledged returning £1 and said they are processing request.

Comment

George just moved your posts to your UE diary
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

• Type of account – MBNA Credit Card (george)
                  • Date commenced - (before august 2007)

• Approx balance
 - £6000
                  • Date last paid - December 2009 full payment made

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - 
                  • Status - (default notice july 2010 but no record of default or debt on experian)

DCA Westcot writing to us

HISTORY

July 2012 Made F&F circea £2k, west cot responded with budget forms for me to fill in.– we did not respond.

29-10-12 CCA sent
                  26-11-12Arrow global wrote back returing postal order, saying they are not the creditor but will help with the request and will revert.
                  Last edited by George Washing; 15 December 2012, 13:41. Reason: Update situation since posting

Comment

• Type of account – Natwest CREDIT CARD
 (George)
                    • Date commenced - (before August 2007)

• Approx balance
 - £2700

- Stopped CCCS payments September 2012
                    • Status (default notice feb 2010 c£3000 but no record of debt or default of experian)

Account owner Natwest

HISTORY

July 2012
                    F&F offer made of c£1000, Natwest declined and suggested c£2k, we did not respond

September 2012
                    Stopped payments on CCCS

29-10-12 CCA sent
                    3-11-12 Natwest sent signature request letter (letter regarding me sent to my wife by them in error!) and £1 returned
                    1-12-12 Niddy’s template signature letter sent to Natwest
                    10-12-12 Natwest send FINAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT threatening to send the debt to DCA
                    NEXT STEPS
                    advice appreciated
                    Last edited by George Washing; 15 December 2012, 13:44. Reason: more info since originally posting

Comment

• Type of account – Halifax CREDIT CARD

• Date commenced (February 2002)

• Approx balance
c£12k

• Status (default august 2010 c£13000
                      • Account owner Halifax/Robinson Way

HISTORY

July 2012 F&F offer made of c£4000, Robinson Way sent budget forms for us to fill in. We did not respond

September 2012 – stopped payments on CCCS

October 2012 – CCA’d

November 2012 Halifax responded 20 days later saying they are awaiting the documentation and will respond as soon as they can.

Comment

• Type of account – capital one CREDIT CARD

• Date commenced - (2004)

• Approx balance
c - £3700

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - 
                        • Status (default notice april 2010 but no record of the debt or default on experian!)
                        • Account owner Capital one

HISTORY

July 2012 F&F offer made of c£1300 which was rejected

29-10-12 CCA’d
                        7-11-12 signature request sent by Capital one
                        19-11-12 Capital one wrote asing us to restart direct debit with CCCS
                        1-12-12 Niddy’s template signature letter sent to Capital one
                        6-12-12 Capital one wrote to inform us they have instructed Fredrickson International to act on our behalf.
                        11-12-12 Fredrickson requiring payment in full to avoid further action
                        24-12-12 Fredrickson send later before action requiring payment within 7 days before immediate action is taken.

NEXT STEPS
                        Advice please - I am concerned that Fredrickson may try and take legal proceedings regardless of the CCA not being fulfilled and that they could produce valid paper work in court.
                        Last edited by George Washing; 7 January 2013, 11:31. Reason: to update info

Comment

• Type of account – Natwest CREDIT CARD
 (Mrs Washington)
                          • Date commenced - 1996
                          • Approx balance
- c£5300

• Status - default march 2010 c£6k
                          • Account owner Natwest

HISTORY

July 2012 F&F offer made of c£2000. Natwest asked for £3700

29-10-12 CCA sent
                          3-11-12 Natwest sent singnature request letter and £1 returned
                          1-12-12 Niddy’s template signature letter sent to Natwest
                          10-12-12 Natwest send FINAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT threatening to send the debt to DCA
                          NEXT STEPS - Adive would be appreciated - are they allowed to do this when they haven't responded to the CCA?
                          Last edited by George Washing; 15 December 2012, 13:47. Reason: to update info since posting

Comment

• Type of account – Egg loan

• Date commenced – April 2008
                            • Approx balance
- c£5700

• Status – default October 2010 £7000
                            • Account owner - NCO/Arrow Britannica recoveries

HISTORY

July 2012 F&F offer made of c£2000. No response

October 2012 – CCA’d

November 2012
                            After 22 days they sent a copy of the agreement and terms and conditions. Signature box has a tick rather than a signature.

NEXT STEPS
                            Advice would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by George Washington View Post
                              • Type of account – Egg loan

• Date commenced – April 2008
                              • Approx balance
- c£5700

• Status – default October 2010 £7000
                              • Account owner - NCO/Arrow Britannica recoveries

HISTORY

July 2012 F&F offer made of c£2000. No response

October 2012 – CCA’d

November 2012
                              After 22 days they sent a copy of the agreement and terms and conditions. Signature box has a tick rather than a signature.

NEXT STEPS
                              Advice would be appreciated!
                              Send it to Niddy---> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Type of account – Egg credit card
                                • Date commenced – May 2003
                                • Approx balance
- c£6800

• Status – default notice july 2010 (no mention of debt on experian)
                                • Account owner – Barclaycard

HISTORY

July 2012 F&F offer made of c£2000. Rejected by Barclaycard

October 2012 – CCA’d

November 2012
                                After 7 days they responded acknowledging letter and saying they will respond asap.

NEXT STEPS
                                Advice would be appreciated! Its now been 6 weeks since sending the CCA - should I use the chasing template letters or sit back?
                                Last edited by George Washing; 15 December 2012, 13:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X