GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RonaldMcDonalds Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RonaldMcDonalds Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    judges can state if unenforceable - BUT many occasions they mis direct themselves, but have the last word

In which case there could be an Appeal where another Judge would have the last word

Di

Comment

DMP with Stepchange ended and payments cancelled. How long until I start getting the flak?

Comment

depends on work load, sit back and monitor situation
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by RonaldMcDonald View Post
          DMP with Stepchange ended and payments cancelled. How long until I start getting the flak?

Looking back through your thread I can see all of these debts are currently unenforceable due to non compliance with your CCA Requests, so it doesn't matter what they say on do next unless it's production of the documents.

You may have to wait a long time for those, perhaps forever

Can you add the date (approximately year) when you opened each account to your posts, it helps to have the overall picture.

Di

Comment

Diana Mayhew the date that each account was opened is the last line on each debt.

Comment

Originally posted by RonaldMcDonald View Post
              Diana Mayhew the date that each account was opened is the last line on each debt.

So it is

My mistake, but in my defence your posts are not laid out in the normal forum format so I didn't notice that. I have now.

Di

Comment

Sorry I have not read this before but I thought I would tell you a bit of my story

Way back when I was in a lot of debt and entered a DMP. Over the years I paid off over 6K but then things happened and I had to severely reduce payments. I was looking to take a drastic step , going Bankrupt and then I found here. All my debts are now statute barred and some have been closed, these included some that provided enforceable CCA responses and were long after 2007 when the Consumer Credit Act changed to shift the balance of power to the banks.

As it happens, a few days before I sent out my CCA requests I received a Letter Before Action although I didn't realise what it was, once the CCA request had been sent I never heard from them again.

Only 1 ever went to court and when I received the claim, I sent an SOS to Di who directed me to Joanna Connolly. The form represented me and we defeated the claim based on no DN.

It may seem like a huge ordeal at the moment and I won't lie it was hard to start with but gradually letters slowed down and stopped. I made some mistakes along the way such as writing letters that were inappropriate but I survived.

Now I get one or two letters a year from Santander which I file and nothing else. Of course I guess for me, to some extent I had nothing to lose, no assets, no property and for two years no income.

My total debt was somewhere between 40-60K

Comment

Oh I say between 40-60 k because 60 was probably about what they said I owed and 40 what I thought I owed ( with my eyes shut). The truth was probably somewhere in the middle. At the time it wouldn’t have mattered if it was 100 or 1 million, I didn’t have the means to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                    when I received the claim, I sent an SOS to Di who directed me to Joanna Connolly.

Obviously

Di

Comment

Working...
                    X