GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stevo62 My Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevo62 My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevo62
    replied
    Thank you Nghtwatch, embarrassingly I do not know who the original lender was, I'll file it and as you say sit and wait

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevo62 View Post
    Account PRA Group UK Ltd
    Credit Card original lender unknown
    Approx balance £540
    Last payment June 10th 2020 through SC
    Stopped paying

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from PRA 21/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it,
    still nothing to date, (06/07/20)

17/07/20 Letter received from PRA

Unfortunately we are unable to fulfil your request as we have not yet completed the required security checks in order to verify your identity, the information we require is as follows-

Full name
    Date of birth
    Previous address and postcode

You can contact us via letter or telephone to complete the checks we are required to make in line with the Data Protection Act 2018
    [COLOR=#000000]On completion of the above details we will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible

Do I reply to this or just sit tight?

First of all I'm intrigued to see you don't know who the original lender was. Maybe PRA don't know either.

You've been in a DMP with StepChange for 10 years, so have they been sending you monthly statements so you could identify a change of ownership from *X* to PRA by the amount being paid to them?

Have you moved house since the debt was assigned to PRA? Do you recall receiving a Notice of Assignment from PRA and the Original Creditor?

I would definitely NOT give them your DOB or previous address in case they use that information to reconstitute a credit agreement. I can't think of any other reason they would want your previous address.

Di

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    You have sent them a CCA request, they do not need anymore information, they are the one's taking money off you. they also know where you live to contact you.

you have not asked for information under the DPA, that would be needed for a SAR but not a CCA,

Is this a Tesco or Lombard CC, as both of them did this with me, at that time I told them to stop being stupid they didn't need that information, never did get anything from Lombard, tesco finaly sent a CCA (UE) but said it was under the DPA.

This sounds like they, original creditor, can find no information on you, I would sit and wait to see what happens next.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo62
    replied
    Account PRA Group UK Ltd
    Credit Card original lender unknown
    Approx balance £540
    Last payment June 10th 2020 through SC
    Stopped paying

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from PRA 21/04/20 acknowledging CCA request and will forward paperwork when they have it,
    still nothing to date, (06/07/20)

17/07/20 Letter received from PRA

Unfortunately we are unable to fulfil your request as we have not yet completed the required security checks in order to verify your identity, the information we require is as follows-

Full name
    Date of birth
    Previous address and postcode

You can contact us via letter or telephone to complete the checks we are required to make in line with the Data Protection Act 2018
    On completion of the above details we will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible

Do I reply to this or just sit tight?
    They have kindly returned my P/O for £1.00

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Looking at your updates on this thread you have nine debts which are currently unenforceable, so you’re off to a good start.

Di
    nothing more to add

Leave a comment:

replied
    Good afternoon Di
    thank you for your post and interest, I had reservations like others before committing to this journey, but the more I read the more I liked. I always said to people if you can put a face to a name the relationship warms and changes, here I feel as though I never need to see a face, I have found here the good in people that sadly we have seemed to of lost over the years, looking forward to whats ahead with confidence and determination, again thank you all.
    Looking at your updates on this thread you have nine debts which are currently unenforceable, so you’re off to a good start.

Di

Leave a comment:

• Stevo62
    replied
    Good afternoon Di
    thank you for your post and interest, I had reservations like others before committing to this journey, but the more I read the more I liked. I always said to people if you can put a face to a name the relationship warms and changes, here I feel as though I never need to see a face, I have found here the good in people that sadly we have seemed to of lost over the years, looking forward to whats ahead with confidence and determination, again thank you all.

Leave a comment:

replied
    the people who have given their time with an overwhelming desire to help others with such positivity and enthusiasm, the guidance, advice and professional knowledge given I’m sure will be of great help to me

The help given on this forum isn't only altruistic.

Sometimes revenge born out of personal negative experiences can be really satisfying too

You've been in a DMP for ten years so it's time to move on with your life especially since some of the debt purchasers will have bought your account for a minimal amount so probably in profit on the deal already.

Di

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Thank you so much for your feed back of my diary.
    Many that know me well say I am sarcastic, sometimes don't mean to be, just a natural habit, I can be witty when needed, I do get a feeling of smugness when i win a victory over DCA's.
    I also like to see the funny side of life, normaly at the most inapropriate times, I also cannot spell, so some post can be quite funny.
    If you have any questions please ask away, if I cannot answer them others may be able to.
    I hope you enjoy your stay with us x

Leave a comment:

• Stevo62
    replied
    Good afternoon Nightwatch, thank you for your posts and comments, I have actually read your diary, probably why I'm here, I did detect an element or two of sarcasm, wit, smugness and victory among others, superb, your diary and entries have been made up over a long period of time and whilst I'm 100% committed to this I am new of yesterday and still finding my way around, I will try to follow the format you suggest but feel its not going to be either quick or easy, if there is one thing I have learnt it's you can't buy experience, but as I say I will get there.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Account Idem Capital Securities
    Personal Loan Lloyds TSB
    Approx balance £820
    Last payment June 10th 2020

CCA request sent 3rd of April, letter received from Idem 15/04/20 acknowledging CCA request, unfortunately we are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement,
    until we do your agreement cannot be enforced, you are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Nothing further to date (06/07/20.

This sounds like they do not think they will get the paperwork, when did you take out the loan/when was it 1st sold on as this would give an idea of if Lloyds will still have the original papers or not.
    Please file that letter away in a safe place as it says those magic words" cannot be enforced"
    So I would stop payment's, they will insist that you should still pay, indeed they will keep asking you to, BUT, with out the CCA they cannot enforce in court.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Hiya and welcome to AAD,

Use this format for each one >
    • Type of account (credit card/loan/overdraft)
    • Date commenced
    • Approx balance
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or a debt purchaser)
    this format gives us an idea of the history of the debt, so you would do 10 seperate post (one for each debt)
    then when there is anything to be added, new letter, or question re that debt, you can edit the original postthen hit "quote" and ask question, comment or just say "update"
    we then know you have posted something new and can see the history of the debt, as you can imagine these debts dont vanish overnight and the Diary can get rather long, so this saves anyone time from searching through a long diary, mine is almost as long as "war and peace",
    It can mean that we can give advice on what you could do next quicker, which may mean we stop you putting the letter in the box.

Hope to be of some help in your journey.

Nightwatch

Leave a comment:

• Johng27
    replied
    Also on start dates, the older the card the better. I think pre 2007 cards are harder to enforce due to changes but I will let one of the experts explain on that. so wait until someone explains it better than me

Leave a comment:

• Johng27
    replied
    Hi Steve, if you look at other diaries, they tend to put the start dates in as well as the dates they stopped making payments. There will be quite a number of questions as you start to get the letters coming in. For each credi card or loan, I found it best to have a separate post y and a reference eg 1 post for each debt. You can log in and edit each of these every time to get a letter. If you look at the first page of my diary, you should see how I have separated out. Then once a letter comes in, you can refer to it and make it easier for the forum to find which one you are referring to.
    Last edited by Johng27; 7 July 2020, 11:45.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo62
    replied
    Good morning John, thank you for your kindly welcome, I will try and find the information you ask, all of these debts are at least 9 years old and all have dropped off my credit file, excuse my ignorance but can you please advise how the start dates will help. As and when I find the dates can the original post be edited or do I need to start a new post each time I have an update? This morning I have received 2 Letters on different accounts asking to set up payment plans, likewise will these need to be added as new posts or as previously can I edit the original post?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X