Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist

Hi there,
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this I'm new here and not very tech savvy.
    I have been checking my clear score this morning after not looking at it for some months, and I now have a hoist claim on there for an old barclaycard from 2011 saying in default. I received letters and emails up to last year from Robinson way regarding the debt.
    I did reply to an email in Feb last year asking about how to set up a payment plan but never recieved a reply from them and as far as I can remember I have never paid anything to them. I moved house last year and changed my address everywhere but this default shows Feb 2020 at my old address?
    my initial thought was to contact hoist but after reading some of the forums on here I'm not sure if that is the first step I should take.
    any advice would be much appreciated
    thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Stacybar View Post
    I have been checking my clear score this morning after not looking at it for some months, and I now have a hoist claim on there for an old barclaycard from 2011 saying in default. I received letters and emails up to last year from Robinson way regarding the debt.
    I did reply to an email in Feb last year asking about how to set up a payment plan but never recieved a reply from them and as far as I can remember I have never paid anything to them. I moved house last year and changed my address everywhere but this default shows Feb 2020 at my old address?
    Hello

Quick question: when you say you have a "claim" on your credit file, do you mean there's a County Court Judgement registered or is it just a Default at your old address?

Post a but more information before doing anything, but if it's not a CCJ then a s78 CCA Request might be your next step.

Di

Comment

Thank you for replying so quickly Di.

It isnt a ccj it just says in default to my old address. I used to get weekly emails from Robson way up until last year and nothing since. I did acknowledge the debt when I emailed to ask how to set up a payment plan but nobody ever got back to me.
      Sorry what is a s78 CCA please? I'm knew to all of this lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacybar View Post
        Thank you for replying so quickly Di.

It isnt a ccj it just says in default to my old address. I used to get weekly emails from Robson way up until last year and nothing since. I did acknowledge the debt when I emailed to ask how to set up a payment plan but nobody ever got back to me.
        Sorry what is a s78 CCA please?

So Robinson Way (DCA for Hoist) don't have your current address? Is it linked to your old address on your CRA file? Are you on the Electoral Roll at either of the addresses?

I'm just checking in case they decide to issue and serve a claim on your old address which you don't receive so you get a CCJ (Default Judgment) behind your back.

My apologies for not explaining what a s78 CCA Request is. This is your statutory right to a copy of the original credit agreement. If they can't comply with your request then the debt becomes unenforceable until or unless they do comply.

How did you open this Barclaycard (online, over the phone, leaflet in the bank branch etc)?

Di

Comment

Working...
        X