GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE diary/debt mountain - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE diary/debt mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markus98765 View Post

Hi Di,

As far as I am aware the debt has not been assigned by Marlin Europe V Ltd to any of Cabot’s other companies since Marlin Europe V Ltd bought it in 2013 from LTSB. Yes all letters now are on Cabot Europe Ltd headed paper but as far as I am concerned Marlin Europe V Ltd are the legal owners of the debt. I have not been advised otherwise. I am awaiting SAR responses to all of my debts listed on the forum. I emailed you the letters I received from both LTSB and Marlin Europe V Ltd which explains they bought/assigned the debt in 2013.

There is also the issue of the Default Notice issued by Cabot.

Wait to see what’s revealed (or not) in your SAR from LTSB.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Do Marlin still own this debt, because they lack FCA authorisation regardless of whether the credit agreement looks enforceable?

Always remember that the business writing to you (on the notepaper) is not necessarily the actual legal owner.

Now would be a good time to send a SAR to LTSB so you can compare notes with what you have been sent by Cabot to check for 'accuracy'

Di
      Hi Di,

My SAR request has been returned from Lloyds TSB. (Marlin owed since 2013). There are no documents provided in relation to assignment/sale/default. There is an entry on some notes to say the debt was sold to Marlin but that's it. In addition the header page states this -

''Copies of Default, Enforcement, Termination and Assignment notices are not saved by customer name so we are unable to provide
      copies under a Data Subject Access Request.''

Does this mean I would need to request in some other way? Or does this provide evidence that there no record of sale/purchase from LTSB to Marlin? This whole process is a nightmare.

Xxxxxxxx
      Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 14 July 2020, 13:33. Reason: name removed to protect identity

Comment

Hi Di,

My SAR request has been returned from Lloyds TSB. (Marlin owed since 2013). There are no documents provided in relation to assignment/sale/default. There is an entry on some notes to say the debt was sold to Marlin but that's it.

. . . does this provide evidence that there no record of sale/purchase from LTSB to Marlin? This whole process is a nightmare.

It's not really a nightmare; in fact it could turn out to be a dream come true if there is no proof or evidence of LTSB having complied with all their statutory obligations before they assigned the debt to MFS (who aren't FCA authorised) if legal proceedings are ever issued.

Di

Comment

Well I shall leave be then. And see what happens!

Comment

Well I shall leave be then. And see what happens!

Good plan based on what you’ve posted on your thread so far

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Yes I have an update for 2 of these as below
              • Original creditor LTSB loan
              • Currently £5112. Originally £10400
              • Was paying £5 per month but stopped pending CCA
              • Defaulted in 2010 and dropped off file 2016
              • Loan sold 28/11/2013 to MARLIN EUROPE V LIMITED. All correspondence now via Cabot Financial Europe who manage the debt

15/04/2020 - CCA Request
              17/04/2020 - signed for
              23/04/2020 - letter from Cabot Financial Europe received to advise they do not hold the info so will ask OC for this - I have ceased payments until complied with
              10/06/2020 - Letter from Cabot Financial Europe with copy of CCA and various statements/screen prints. Sent to Niddy to check.
              12/06/2020 - Niddy advised CCA looks enforceable

Hello

Can you update on this debt owned by Marlin.

Have you heard any more from Cabot (who were writing to you) and I'm not sure whether you are still paying this one.

Di

Comment

Working...
              X