GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maximus75 Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximus75 Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tesco sold mine on, sharpish
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      tesco sold mine on, sharpish
      Pardon my ignorance, i thought Robinson Way is a Debt Collector to whom Tesco already sold the loan as unrecovering debt?

Comment

No RW are collection agents, they do not buy debts.
        If Tesco have sold the debt a letter telling you so should have been sent to you, normally the debt buyer will send a letter, sometime's in the same envelope as Tesco's, saying they have bought the debt and RW will be collecting your money for them,
        RW are part of Hoist, but may collect for others.

hope that helps
        Last edited by nightwatch; 26 July 2020, 10:35. Reason: Di said I was wrong.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          No RW are collection agents, they do not buy debts.
          If Tesco have sold the debt a letter telling you so should have been sent to you, normally the debt buyer will send a letter, sometime's in the same envelope as Tesco's, saying they have bought the debt and RW will be collecting your money for them,
          RW are part of Arrow/ hoist, but may collect for others.

hope that helps
          Yes it is clear now, Thank

Comment

Hi Di/ Nightwatch all any of the senior forum members,

Today i received a letter from Robway saying " We no longer will be managing your account on behalf of Debt Managers (Services) Ltd and your account has been returned back to them".
            I am not understanding what might be going on so could anyone of you kindly tell me what option should i take.

Thanks in advance
            Max

Comment

Wil have to await their next move. Probably pass on to another to try. Every case tends to be different???

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus75 View Post

Today i received a letter from Robway saying " We no longer will be managing your account on behalf of Debt Managers (Services) Ltd and your account has been returned back to them".
                I am not understanding what might be going on so could anyone of you kindly tell me what option should i take.

Thanks in advance
                Max
                When dealing with debt you need to play a waiting game. As TM has said they will probably pass on to another debt collector or even sell the debt on. In a few weeks you can expect another letter of introduction, special offers and threats! Just post back here for guidance before replying and never reply promptly - the aim is to delay everything as much as possible.

Comment

Looks like your "Tesco" account was passed to Debt Managers (Services) Ltd, who asked RW to collect.

RW have been unable to get any money off you, so it has been sent back to Debt Managers (Services) Ltd, who will either ask you for money themselves, OR pass it on to someone else, they all do it, it is nothing to worry about.
                  expect a letter from someone else saying , Hello, we have been asked to get some money off you by XXX, please contact us .

just post on here when you receive one.

NW

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus75 View Post

Is this debt still with Tesco or has it been assigned to a debt purchaser such as Hoist or Cabot since your last post?

Di

Comment

Working...
                    X