GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moonmonkey's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonmonkey's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post

doesnt say uneforceable on my letter :-(
    Which Diary Debt are you refering to?

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post

Thank you Sparkles because PRA's will be using template letters AND this is really useful information for other AAD Diarists to watch out for!!
    doesnt say uneforceable on my letter :-(

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    They wouldn't want to be misleading you but they certainly don't mind attempting to frighten you, This is unfortunately how DCA's work. Is it underhand?, Yes of course but why would they let that get in the way of business?

As other have said, Its all part of the game. You know better, play their game and win, You are in good hands

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

I cannot wait to go home and check the letter - why would they print that on their letters !!!
    Maybe because of this-

A creditor should
    in no way mislead a debtor as to the
    enforceability of the agreement - to do so
    would be an unfair business practice and
    would be highly relevant to a decision on
    a creditor’s fitness to hold a credit licence
    under the Act.

https://www.i-m-a.org.uk/wp-content/...oc-173%209.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenny91 View Post
    06/09/2023 - so 2 and a half years of nothing - Cabot have sent a standard chasing letter for this debt. I am in the process of a mortgage application so im probably overthinking it.... is it still the case that I would need a letter before claim before anything bad can happen?

Out of interest, does your letter from Cabot say the debt is unenforceable?

Their most recent correspondence to me about an old Natwest CC now has the unenforceability in very small writing at the bottom of the letter, under their address and regulatory blurb. Very easy to miss.

They never fulfilled my CCA request 2.5 years ago and acknowledged this at the time, but still send letters and emails monthly.

K91
    I cannot wait to go home and check the letter - why would they print that on their letters !!!

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat View Post
    Has this account been defaulted? If so when?

A default on your credit file may make it difficult to get a mortgage
    yes default dropped off years ago - credit file is tip top now (who'd of thought) :-)

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparkles View Post

My PRA letters are like that - lots of big writing about how they can help me by setting up a payment plan and then under the contact us section at the very bottom in small writing it says it's unenforcable.
    Thank you Sparkles because PRA's will be using template letters AND this is really useful information for other AAD Diarists to watch out for!!

Leave a comment:

• Sparkles
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenny91 View Post

Their most recent correspondence to me about an old Natwest CC now has the unenforceability in very small writing at the bottom of the letter, under their address and regulatory blurb. Very easy to miss.
    My PRA letters are like that - lots of big writing about how they can help me by setting up a payment plan and then under the contact us section at the very bottom in small writing it says it's unenforcable.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    they can ask , no CCA no case/ sit on hands.

Leave a comment:

• Kenny91
    replied
    06/09/2023 - so 2 and a half years of nothing - Cabot have sent a standard chasing letter for this debt. I am in the process of a mortgage application so im probably overthinking it.... is it still the case that I would need a letter before claim before anything bad can happen?

They never fulfilled my CCA request 2.5 years ago and acknowledged this at the time, but still send letters and emails monthly.

K91

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied
    Has this account been defaulted? If so when?

A default on your credit file may make it difficult to get a mortgage

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    wetcloths opp wescott still collecting? on commission?

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    yes 1st proceeding to court action! Mortgage would look at credit file whoever they use to check you out

Leave a comment:

• Moonmonkey
    replied
    Sainsburys Bank Personal Loan / Wescot

Agreement Start Date: 15/02/2008
    Feb 20 Balance: £1539.86
    Last Payment via Payplan: 15 Feb 2020 £137.10
    CCA requested: 27/02/2020
    CCA signed for: 28/02/2020

09/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsbury's Bank Recoveries in Hull
    Saying - "We need you to call us, before we can take the next steps"

What should I do?

23/03/2020 - Letter from Sainsburys bank dated 10/03/2020 sent to me muvvas - saying that they have passed the debt onto Wescot and refer to my arrangement through payplan - self managing now and withholding payment until i get an enforceable CCA.

23/03/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 11/03/2020 again sent to me muvvas - saying that they have been passed the debt from Sainsburys and refer to my arrangement through payplan.

24/04/2020 - I offered them F&F of 10% awaiting response.

20/05/2020 - Letter from Wescot dated 5/5/2020 saying that they are looking into my request and account is on hold for now.

Feb 2021 - 6 month statement from Sainsburys bank

02/03/2021 - Cheque for 14 quid received from Sainsburys for not handling my situation between 2013 and 2017 - only had £1 in interest and charges hence the £14 cheque

30/03/2021 - Letter from Sainsburys - saying they have sold the debt to Cabot but will continue to be managed by Wescot - I see this as a good thing that Cabot have purchased the debt and still no sign of the CCA. Filed

06/09/2023 - so 2 and a half years of nothing - Cabot have sent a standard chasing letter for this debt.
    I am in the process of a mortgage application so im probably overthinking it.... is it still the case that I would need a letter before claim before anything bad can happen?

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

thanks Di - sorry just seen your response. They ring me daily - I haven't and won't answer. Funny that the debt of the lowest value (£230) is chasing me the hardest.

It could cost them more in postage and their phone bill if they keep this going!

I'm glad Link have gone quiet.

Di

Leave a comment:

Working...
X