GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script d1n48s UD - Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

d1n48s UD - Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

registered on Experian etc at new address may be??
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 June 2020, 18:20.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Probably, just wondering what the point is / message they're trying to send by ignoring my letters but sending a request for payment directly to where I live.

Comment

Automatic templates by computer of no acknowledge by you in ignore for now
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

message they are trying to send is,
          we are bored, shall i press the next button on the machine and see what rubbish it spews out,
          then Bob at the next desk ( social distanced )can spin the wheel to see who it's sent to.
          Sheila in the post room can nip to the post office, picking up the on line order from the cafe, that is now doing take out, (while wearing mask and gloves ) on the way back.
          then in the afternoon we will all sit as far away from the phone as possible, then have a mad scramble to get to it when it rings, medal awards on last friday of the month.

have a nice weekend x

Comment

Originally posted by d1n48s View Post
            wondering what the point is / message they're trying to send by ignoring my letters but sending a request for payment directly to where I live.
            It's a good thing that they've sent correspondence to your current address because you now have evidence that they know where you live.

So if they issue/serve a claim on your old address in the hope of getting a Default Judgment (CCJ) because you don't respond, you have proof that they shouldn't have done that if you ever need to get a CCJ set aside.

It helps to think like a lawyer sometimes

Di

Comment

Thank you for all the insights!

Comment

Originally posted by d1n48s View Post
                Thank you for all the insights!

I have one more to add

Regardless of whether Hoist comply with your s78 CCA Request, if they are not authorised by the FCA they cannot lawfully issue legal proceedings against you.

Jo explains this here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                Both of these companies are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

Their cases, or their predecessors Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited and Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, rarely reach trial in cases we are involved with. They have not been successful at trial with us.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Hoist which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

The Hoist companies also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

f you are currently defending a claim with either of the Hoist companies, whether stayed or ongoing, or they have obtained a Default Judgment against you and you have any query please post any queries on this thread..

Di

Comment

That sounds like a very familiar situation and from what I have read, Some positives there d1n48s

Your in very good hands there

Comment

Hello all, I just wanted to update that the Hoist and Idem issue disappeared. The notices on my credit profile disappeared too and I haven't heard from them since. It's been a while but I wanted to report the success so that others could have closure!

thank you

Comment

I like a post like this at the weekend

Comment

Hello folks,

strangely enough after posting I received a letter from Hoist Finance Ltd UK stating 'We've reviewed your account and noticed that you may not have been provided with all the information about your balance'. This is what they are calling a NOSIA. There is no actual demand for payment but they have included a leaflet advising how to pay, and why it's important to not ignore the letter. Note that since they never responded to the access request I sent them in February of 2020. I think, as per the earlier exchange, that this is another automatic processing of information because there is no clear call to action just a 'this is what we think you owe us' and 'this is why you shouldn't ignore us'!

Comment

Hi

I think you should ignore them.

Comment

Ignore them for now

Comment

Hello forum,

it's been some time but for continuity I wanted to update that Hoist have sold this debt to Lowell as I received a letter from them identifying IDEM has the original company.

The letter includes a DD form and advice on how to pay. As per previous posts this debt was on my Experian file for years and dropped off in 2022.

Do I continue to ignore them? Their letter isn't the usual threatening "if you don't respond we'll have to take further action" and more " contact us to set up a direct debit or just log in online and set one up yourself". Happy to share a redacted copy of the letter format if it helps others.

Comment

pass the parcel! wait their next move.

Comment

Working...
                                X