GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Robesco - Idem Servicing diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robesco - Idem Servicing diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think it would be helpful you can email Di your latest correspondence from Idem using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

and yes I am surprised.

Comment

You have 30days to sort this, so the sooner you send the claim to Di or Joanne Connolly solicitors if Di isn’t available then the quicker you can get your defence together. Don’t panic as you will be in safe hands.
      Diana Mayhew, PlanB
      Last edited by PlanB; 17 April 2021, 18:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Robesco View Post
        So this wasn't an empty threat, I have today received a court summons from IDEM. What do I do now?

Hello Robesco

If you have been served with a county court claim then my suggestion is to email a copy of the first page (N1) of the claim form to Colin G Quinn using colin@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk since myDiana Mayhew tag isn't working at the moment.

However I've taken a look back through your thread and can see that Niddy was of the opinion that the credit agreement was unenforceable so don't let this ruin your weekend.

Take Care

Di
        Last edited by PlanB; 17 April 2021, 19:10. Reason: technical problems

Comment

Don’t know what it is I have never met you in person but you really make me feel at ease with your responses xx

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
            Don’t know what it is I have never met you in person but you really make me feel at ease with your responses xx

That’s the general idea

I help people in debt because I know what it’s like to feel overwhelmed as a result of circumstances which were unintentional, and I don’t want anyone else to feel the way I felt when the world fell in for me in 2009 through no fault of my own.

Thanks for your kind words.

Di

Comment

Welcome, 2009 which coincidentally is the same year mine went bang! So why am I not rid of it all yet - probably because I tried to do what I thought was right at the time and make nominal payments thinking I’d get back on my feet and pick up from where I left off, only ‘they’ had other ideas.
              so now they can keep their ideas and I’ll play out ours!
              oh and I’ve never been so well off not having credit!

Comment

Totally agree, my stress levels are through the roof but Di's response did calm me somewhat so thank you. The problem is as mentioned on my other post I am being evicted so have to move and am trying to rent a new house and the last thing I need is a CCJ. At any other time it would be a little less stressful. Once I have moved if the worst happens and I end up with a CCJ I'll live but the risk of being homeless is too much to think about. I will send docs over and I appreciate the support.

Also second the trying to do the right thing for years and pay but then comes the realisation these companies know what they are doing when they lend irresponsibly and charge extortionate interest etc. I have no doubt in my case the lending was completely unaffordable and irresponsible but they kept on increasing credit limits and offering balance transfers. It wasn't until much later I realised that a lot of these credit card companies are the same company with different brands so there is no way they didn't know I was getting into trouble. Looking back some of them continued to charge interest for years even after I informed them I was in trouble and was put on repayment plans that were less than the interest they were charging so I had no hope of ever paying them off. At one point I became so desperate to get out of debt I sold the house and offered them all F&F at around 50% but they all said no they wanted more. I used the money from the house to pay their unrealistic monthly payment plans until it ran out and I had nothing left and some were still phoning me every month demanding I increase my payment.

I am normally a strong character, I face my problems rather than hide from them and have come through so much adversity but these debts are like my kryptonite. I dread every letter and bury my head under the sand at every opportunity. Every demand is read through tears and I've been suicidal many times. Yes I was stupid and made mistakes, yes I overspent, yes I probably should have declared bankruptcy years ago but at some point I realised that the responsibility is shared and the lenders are equally if not more accountable and did nothing to help when I asked for it. Hopefully with AAD support I can finally be free and if I can stick a finger up at them in the process all the better.

Despite all the supposed protection they are still at it. A family member is an alcoholic, has mental health issues, is disabled and living in sheltered accommodation yet has been given two credit cards, vanquis and another plus an Argos card and god knows how much he owes Studio Catalogue. Both credit cards are maxed out and he is paying the minimum amount each month but each time he reaches his credit limit they increase it. I think his limit has gone from £1000 to £5000 on each card yet he has no income other than benefits. With over £10k of debt at 40-50% APR there is no chance he will ever pay it off yet they keep giving him more.

Comment

This is how you know the at the financial world is corrupt, which part of logic tells you that those in debt struggling to pay should be charged a higher interest rate than those that can afford to do without credit and are offered credit at lower interest rate?

allow Di and the team to take the stress from you and deal with this, then you can go back to living your life not one the financial works wants you in.

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                    This is how you know the at the financial world is corrupt, which part of logic tells you that those in debt struggling to pay should be charged a higher interest rate than those that can afford to do without credit and are offered credit at lower interest rate?

allow Di and the team to take the stress from you and deal with this, then you can go back to living your life not one the financial works wants you in.
                    I Concur
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or as my wife puts it, we can't get a mortgage but we can pay someone elses for 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by Robesco View Post
                        my stress levels are through the roof but Di's response did calm me somewhat so thank you. . . . . I will send docs over and I appreciate the support.

. . . . I am normally a strong character . . . I dread every letter and bury my head under the sand at every opportunity. Every demand is read through tears and I've been suicidal many times. . . . . Hopefully with AAD support I can finally be free and if I can stick a finger up at them in the process all the better.

I can empathise with everything you've said.

You are still that strong character but you're being bullied, pure and simple.

You will get plenty of support from forum members which will help you to feel empowered, because you will be taking control of the situation not the situation controlling you.

I look forward to contributing to the next phase of your journey.

Di

Comment

Working...
                        X