Type of account: Creation
    Date commenced: 2013
    Approximate balance: £1,100
    Date last payment was made - 15th Oct 19
    last full payment was made: Feb 2014
    Are you on an arrangement or not paying; Arrangement £2 per month
    Status (default/arrangement/up to date): DMP arrangement
    Account owner: PRA

they have written to to say that they are not able to provide the CCA documents and would not be pursuing the outstanding balance at this time.

im not sure what to do next. They previously refused to back date the default as did Creation and it’s showing as a DM on my credit report.

do I stop the £2 payments or offer a settlement figure. Not clear on what is best in order to get the DM of my report.

while you are paying the DM will remain on your file,
    Lot's of people start paying a reduced sum, not knowing that If the account was not defaulted before the repayment plan was set up, it can be registered as a DMP, which stays on your credit file till the money is paid back
    I would be tempted to stop payment's to see if that will finaly default the account, BUT, expect a lot of calls, try to ignore them, If they do get through to you just fail secuity questions and ask for everything to be in writing only.

While they cannot find the agreement it is Unenforceable so they cannot enforce through court,
    They can still ask for payment , but you do not have to pay.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by DCC2000 View Post
      Details:

Type of account: Creation
      Date commenced: 2013
      Approximate balance: £1,100
      Date last payment was made - 15th Oct 19
      last full payment was made: Feb 2014
      Are you on an arrangement or not paying; Arrangement £2 per month
      Status (default/arrangement/up to date): DMP arrangement
      Account owner: PRA

they have written to to say that they are not able to provide the CCA documents and would not be pursuing the outstanding balance at this time.

im not sure what to do next. They previously refused to back date the default as did Creation and it’s showing as a DM on my credit report.

do I stop the £2 payments or offer a settlement figure. Not clear on what is best in order to get the DM of my report.

Hello

If your last contractual monthly payment was in February 2014 then the ICO says the account should have been defaulted within 3 - 6 months of breaching the terms of the agreement (failing to make minimum payment).

When (what date) was the account Defaulted which you want to get backdated?

When did Creation assign this debt to PRA?

If the account wasn't defaulted before that date then PRA have a problem, but it's not clear from your post when these events did or didn't happen.

However you do say your last payment was 15th October 2019, but maybe that's a typo.

Did you send PRA a formal s77/79 CCA Request together with the £1 statutory fee, or did you just write and ask them for the credit agreement? Assuming it was a formal CCA Request then if they can't comply the debt is unenforceable until or unless they do comply, so maybe an offer to settle is premature.

I suggest you send a Subject Access Request to Creation to see what data and documents they have in their files.

How did you apply for this Creation account and was it a loan, credit card or store card etc ?

Sorry for all the questions but it helps to know the full facts before suggesting your next step.

Di

Comment

Working...
      X