GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rubywisp's unenforceability diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubywisp's unenforceability diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, realised that I forgot to put the postal order in the Barclays loan CCA! Do I just resend with it and then I guess the 12+2 starts from the date that that one is received?!

Comment

yes
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you. A "doh" moment!

Comment

Originally posted by rubywisp View Post
          I forgot to put the postal order in the Barclays loan CCA! Do I just resend with it
          At least you've realised the omission

Make sure you send the second/replacement s77/79 CCA Request by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery so there can be no ambiguity as to which one they're responding to. Keep a photocopy/photo of the postal order too.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

At least you've realised the omission

Make sure you send the second/replacement s77/79 CCA Request by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery so there can be no ambiguity as to which one they're responding to. Keep a photocopy/photo of the postal order too.

Di
            Will do thank you. The last one went RD too.

Comment

Barclays Staff Loan
              • Type of account Loan
              • Date commenced January 2011
              • Approx balance £1968
              • Date last paid via self managed DMP September 2019
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying On an arrangement
              • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Interestingly Staff loans say that the account was defaulted some time in December 2013 but this account has never appeared on any of the credit reference agencies
              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Lender
              3rd September 2019 I have sent a GDPR request as advised Barclays to see what information they hold on me in relation to the default. Will do a CCA in due course.

8th September 2019 S77/78 CCA Request sent

18 September 2019 letter received from Barclays recoveries stating that they do not need to send me a signed original form of the agreement. Sent me a copy of the direct debit form and a signed copy of a "fixed sum loan agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974“

I will forward copies of the paperwork to niddy.

Comment

Deleted message as managed to edit the first posts with updates
                Last edited by rubywisp; 18 September 2019, 13:21.

Comment

Morning, I was wondering how long it normally takes for paperwork to be checked via email . Save me furiously checking constantly. I just admit I am scared of standing up to barclays! I've just moved my direct debit account from them just in case!

Comment

Hi I was wondering how long it might be for someone to look at my email? It was a response from Barclays

Comment

I got a reply after about 8 days at the start of September. Think Niddy has been quite busy

Comment

Thank you for that. Just wondering about the payment that goes out at the beginning of October. Withholding payment on an arrangement feels scary!

Comment

Hi

Is there any chance of having my email looked at this week at all please as I'm due to pay Barclays and they have sent me paperwork that I've emailed in for checking. Really sorry to chase.

Comment

@Never-In-Doubt
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA/ Link Financial

Type of account Credit card
                              • Date commenced 30/07/2012
                              • Approx balance £2609
                              • Date last paid - paid via self managed DMP. Last payment 1st September 2019
                              • Are you on arrangement or not paying In an arrangement
                              • Status Default July 2014
                              • Account owner Link - Debt Purchaser
                              3rd September 2019 CCA request sent with £1 postal order
                              5th September 2019 Letter signed for
                              5th October 2019 CCA received with letter stating it is enforceable. I will send to Niddy for checking though. I am still waiting on my other email from 18th September. I know everyone is busy but I'm getting twitchy

Comment

Link would of course say that!

Account Owner? Link
                                Link are a Group of Companies! Look back at their letters and find exactly which Link Company was Assigned this Debt! Not necessarily the Link Company writing to you!
                                NB Not all of the Link Companies have FCA authority.

Comment

Working...
                                X