GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rubywisp's unenforceability diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubywisp's unenforceability diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by rubywisp View Post
    Barclaycard
    • Type of account Credit card
    • Date commenced 01/06/2007
    • Approx balance £6049
    • Date last paid was paid via DMP. Last payment December 2017
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Default July 2015
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) DCA
    This is already deemed unenforceable due to no credit agreement by PRA and Barclaycard and I have letters from both confirming this.

Did you send a formal s77/78 CCA Request with the £1 statutory fee to PRA or Barclaycard or both?

Di

Leave a comment:

• rubywisp
    replied
    Barclays Staff Loan
    • Type of account Loan
    • Date commenced January 2011
    • Approx balance £1968.22
    • Date last paid via self managed DMP September 2019
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Interestingly Staff loans say that the account was defaulted some time in December 2013 but this account has never appeared on any of the credit reference agencies
    • Account owner DCA
    3rd September 2019 I have sent a GDPR request as advised Barclays to see what information they hold on me in relation to the default. Will do a CCA in due course.
    8th September 2019 S77/78 CCA Request sent
    18 September 2019 letter received from Barclays recoveries stating that they do not need to send me a signed original form of the agreement. Sent me a copyI of the direct debit form and a signed copy of a "fixed sum loan agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974“ Niddy confirmed ENFORCEABLE
    16 December 2019 account passed to Moor croft to manage. Letter filed.
    27 December 2019 letter from moorcroft wanting a repayment plan. Filed
    10 January 2020 letter from moorcroft offering monthly payments. Will file.
    22 January 2020 Letter offering a partial settlement. Will file.
    5 February 2020 Letter from moorcroft disappointed that I haven't paid. Offering a discount offer if I call to discuss. Filed
    Plenty of blocked calls and ignored texts

9 March 2020 Letter from Moorcroft wanting to offer a discount or otherwise they will pass it back to Barclays. Filed.
    May 2020 Now moved to Wescot offering me a repayment plan. filed
    MAy-July Plenty of blocked calls and ignored texts
    7 June 2020 red letter from Wescot letting me know that they had checked my address to confirm that I live here.
    17 June 2020 Letter from wescot 70% reduced settlement offer so 1968 down to 590. Filed
    16 July 2020 Letter from 2F (trading name of wescot). States Confirmation of Residency at the top and that I should call them. UNless I contact them then they say that Barclays reserves the right to take further action to reestablish contact with me. Filed
    30 July 2020 interesting switch to a Payslip type effort from 2f. One that you open by tearing the edges! Another request for me to call them. Will file
    Last edited by rubywisp; 25 October 2020, 10:20.

Leave a comment:

• rubywisp
    replied
    MBNA/ Link Financial

Type of account Credit card
    • Date commenced 30/07/2012
    • Balance £2589.83
    • Date last paid - paid via self managed DMP. Last payment 1st September 2019
    • Status Default July 2014
    • Account owner Link - Debt Purchaser
    3rd September 2019 CCA request sent with £1 postal order
    5th September 2019 Letter signed for
    5th October 2019 CCA received with letter stating it is enforceable. Niddy confirms ENFORCEABLE
    9th January 2020 Letter wondering whether it was an oversight that I haven't paid anything! I can contact to discuss my options. Letter filed!
    30 July 2020 no longer showing on credit karma
    25th September 2020 Letter asking me to call them.
    Last edited by rubywisp; 25 October 2020, 10:18.

Leave a comment:

• rubywisp
    started a topic Rubywisp's unenforceability diary

Rubywisp's unenforceability diary

My financial problems stem from living with a spendthrift soon to be ex husband who couldn't hold down a job for love nor money. Also by being dismissed from work for Barclays due to chronic ill health in 2013. I had been on half pay for two years before this on their income protection scheme.

Barclaycard/ PRA
    • Type of account Credit card
    • Date commenced 01/06/2007
    • Approx balance £6049
    • Date last paid was paid via DMP. Last payment December 2017
    • Status Default July 2015
    • Account owner PRA
    This is already deemed unenforceable due to no credit agreement by PRA and Barclaycard and I have letters from both confirming this.

Emails being received offering 20% discount!
    Aug-Oct 2020 Regular emails letting me know that they are there for me......
    Last edited by rubywisp; 25 October 2020, 10:20.
Working...
X