GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PRA Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRA Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Diary

Details:

Type of account: Barclaycard

Date commenced: 2002

Approximate balance: £2,542.74

Date last payment was made - approximate date last full payment was made: Feb 2014

Are you on an arrangement or not paying; Payment through StepChange

Status (default/arrangement/up to date): Default in August 2014

Account owner: PRA

I sent the CCA recently and Barclays through PRA have written back with a reconstituted copy of terms and conditions and credit agreement form 2012. they are stating that they completed their obligations but I'm not sure that they have?

send copy CCA not redacted as it is to:- webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

link your thread as well to the request
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HI,

I was just wondering if my CCA documents had been received?

Sorry to ask, just keen to get back to PRA.

Comment

Hi, Niddy (Never in Doubt) who checks the agreements works, so will check them when he can. Don’t reply too promptly to any DCA!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hi, you say the account was opened in 2002, but they have sent you an agreement dated 2012, is there any date on the T&C's they have sent,
                the CCA should be the one you signed in 2002 and should also have the T&C from that date .

Yes they have fulfilled your request by sending a recon but it is supposed to be of the original,plus they are supposed to say why it is a recon.
                any court action will require a copy of the original, this is their problem not yours

Barclaycard are a law unto themselves, I havebeen sent 4 different lots of T&C's for mine none of them dated 1999 when they were taken out.

wait and see what Niddy says, never be in a rush to reply to A Dca

Comment

Hi,

The T&C's are from 2012 too and no reasoning for the recon,

Comment

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...ry#post1525810

In your Diary entry dated 24th June I notice that you are paying through stepchange .
                    I presume that you are still making these payments? If this is the Case you don't have any reason to contact PRA do you?

A CCA's 77/78 request (plus £1) - I presume you sent the £1 - covers you in Law until such times as they fulfil that request.
                    BUT S 77/78 is for information purposes NOT necessarily PROOF (Nightwatch points out that they would need a copy of the original).

There are many reasons, not just CCA S 78 why a Debt may be Unenforcible!

If you are still paying them, through Stepchange then I can't see that you have any reason to contact them!
                    I think that what
                    you need is for Niddy to check out the various Documents that PRA have sent you to see whether they have fulfilled your S 78 request!
                    Last edited by Roger; 27 June 2019, 13:49.

Comment

My plan is to go self managed and look at some F & F Offers, just want to review the enforceability before I make any move.

Comment

You certainly need to wait and see what Niddy says but from what you say there does seem to be a problem with the documents they sent you.

Just out of interest- who did you send the CCA Request to , was it Barclays or PRA. It should have been PRA and it should have been PRA who responded

If it helps, what you should have received in response to a CCA with the £1 fee is

A copy or a reconstituted agreement that was valid at the time you opened the account
                        The terms and conditions from the time you took out the card

A second set of terms and conditions from when the card was defaulted

All of the above should be clearly legible

Apart from that, you say the account was defaulted in 2014. Do you have the DN ? This may be rather useful if it is not good

Comment

It was sent to PRA with a 1£1 postal order. The response was from PRA but just enclosed Barclays response to me. I don't have a copy of the DN (I wasn't in a good place when these started to come in 2014).

Comment

Originally posted by DCC2000 View Post
                            It was sent to PRA with a 1£1 postal order. The response was from PRA but just enclosed Barclays response to me. I don't have a copy of the DN (I wasn't in a good place when these started to come in 2014).
                            Well 2019 AAD is a GOOD PLACE to be NOW!

A reality check PRA paid 1p in the pound to Barclaycard for your debt.
                            Barclaycard get tax relief on your Bad Debt
                            PRA are NOT a Charity.

Get Niddy to check out this paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

A reality check PRA paid 1p in the pound to Barclaycard for your debt.

I am not quite sure if that figure is correct- I have heard amounts paid depend on a lot of things but are often 10-15% of the face value

That is probably worth bearing in mind if you do decide to go down the full and final settlement route .

If PRA start ramping up the heat, it may be worth sending a request under GDPR (what used to be called a SAR) to Barclaycard to get details of what was sent and when but probably a little premature at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X